Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

Posted - May 21, 2021

Responses

I think all of the Christian films my mom wanted me to watch are collectively the worst films I’ve ever seen.  They’re pretty much universally bad, but I remember one of them made me lmao.  One of the characters got raptured while sitting on the pot. This post was edited by Livvie at August 8, 2022 12:52 AM MDT
      May 21, 2021 3:57 PM MDT

• The worse was the 1974 film "Murder on the Orient Express."  The plot sagged at times, and removing or shortening some scenes of the movie would be ideal. 
      May 21, 2021 4:42 PM MDT

"Idiocracy". I only watched the first half hour and it was so stupid I had to switch stations.
      May 21, 2021 4:47 PM MDT

You didn't miss much that didn't end up happening with Donald Trump! 

May 21, 2021 8:54 PM MDT

After enduring the torture of trying to watch it for about five or ten minutes, I walked out of the theatre that was showing “Howard the Duck”, 1984.  

:(

May 21, 2021 6:31 PM MDT

I actually enjoyed that movie.  I thought the best character was Jeffrey Jones as the Dark Overlord of the Universe.
      May 21, 2021 9:14 PM MDT

I don’t know who that is; I never got that far into the movie. (And I’ve never read the comic book series.)
    ~

May 21, 2021 10:20 PM MDT

2001 A Space Odyssey. Cheers and happy weekend?
      May 21, 2021 6:49 PM MDT

I agree. I first saw that movie when I was much, much too young to understand anything that was happening in it, maybe as a pre-teen. As such, I found it sluggish and boring, I couldn’t stick with it, and I walked out. I have since seen it at other times in my life, and because I was older and more mature, my appreciation for it has slowly, gradually, and incrementally increased, but truthfully, it’s still not very high on my radar as a “great movie”.  Well, at least not yet, maybe someday, maybe never. 
    ~

May 21, 2021 10:27 PM MDT

Totally agree with you, That movie was the worst!!!
      May 22, 2021 3:25 PM MDT

The only thing wrong with it was the ending. None of Kubrick's endings made any kind of sense. Eyes Wide Shut was even more bizarre, the only think that saved that movie was Nicole Kidman's boobs. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 8, 2022 12:52 AM MDT
      May 22, 2021 7:18 PM MDT

I would have to say the 1971 film Dracula vs Frankenstein.  Besides its cheesy, over-the-top acting, the only thing I can remember from this film is that its climactic battle against its two titular characters was shot outside, at dusk, in a lush forest, completely in shadows!!!  I don't know how this movie didn't win the 1971 Academy Award for best cinematography!
      May 21, 2021 7:48 PM MDT

So many terrible movies, it's hard to choose! I loathed 'The English Patient', but it might have just been that I was expecting more from an Oscar-winning film. 
      May 21, 2021 8:59 PM MDT

I learned long ago that an Oscar win and something truly good/worthy are not mutually inclusive concepts. Pure crap wins Oscars, great movies are overlooked. For instance the Oscars are never granted to comedies* just because they’re comedies, or are only granted to movies with plotlines that coincide 100% with the liberal left Hollywood sentimentalities . . .

*Truth be told, barely any comedy in about the past thirty years has been funny enough or good enough to garner an Oscar win for Best Picture.

May 21, 2021 10:45 PM MDT

Me, too. This was right about half my entire lifetime ago! 

May 22, 2021 9:55 AM MDT

I don't see how William Friedman's "The Exorcist" plotline is  a 100% liberal left movie and it won two Oscars - - for Best Achievement in Sound and Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay).

And I don't see a liberal left plotline in Robert Redford's "Ordinary People" 's plotline  and it won four Oscars -- Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor and Best Screenplay based on Material from another Medium.

And, for me, I don't notice a liberal political plotline in Richard Donner's "The Omen" which won an Oscar for Best Original Score.  

I found each of these movies excellent in their individual styles and without political viewpoints.

But I also prefer overcast cloudy weather which puts me WAY out there on the strange list. :) 

And, like you and I have talked, other than Sally Field's presence, I did not like the Everyone-in-the-Entire-World-But-You-and-I-LOVES  "Forrest Gump."  :)   

August 8, 2022 1:28 AM MDT

The Bonfire of the Vanities.  It may also have been one of the worse books I've ever read.  
      May 22, 2021 3:11 AM MDT

Hard to say; I would not get to the end of a movie that I graded less than a B at any point in the film.
      May 22, 2021 12:22 PM MDT

May 22, 2021 7:22 PM MDT

I admire everyone having such strongly confident answers.

I have no worst movie answer.

I've never purposely walked out of a movie nor stopped watching a movie.
    I don't' judge a movie as bad unless I've watched the entire movie.

Only two movies did I want to walk out of or stop watching and both were because I found them both EXCELLENTLY scary movies --  Michael Haneke's original 1997 "Funny Games (not his own English-language remake) and the original "Cloverfield."

The closest movie I'd call the worst I've seen is the (to me) overly long and very annoying "Forrest Gump," featuring the "Look-at-me, everyone- I'm-ACTING!" Tom Hanks performance.

"Stop, Forrest, Stop!"   :)
      August 8, 2022 1:35 AM MDT