Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » When you invite friends and family for dinner do you remind them bring a good appetite because you worked hard cooking up a lot of goodies?

When you invite friends and family for dinner do you remind them bring a good appetite because you worked hard cooking up a lot of goodies?

"And please do not show up drunk and no telling jokes during the meal because one time someone did tell a quite funny (clean) joke and it caused a couple of people to burst into laughter and spit out their mouthful of food".

Posted - May 23, 2021

Responses

• I tell them not to show up drunk because I will provide the alcohol. :P
      May 23, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

I  do let them know that they should  bring a good  appetite  and to make sure they do I let them know what we will be having for dinner and desert. My favorite dinner guest is a Irish guy who always goes for seconds and when he finishes his plate looks like it was washed clean - he always saves a bit of bread to wipe his plate clean. People know  not to show up drunk and if they burst into laughter at the dinner table and spit out food they will be buying pizza for everybody. Cheers!
      May 23, 2021 10:39 AM MDT

We don't have friends to invite and we stopped being the 'barbeque house' when my daughter bought her ranch. Everyone but her mother goes there.
      May 23, 2021 1:23 PM MDT