Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » What is the latest in the evening a telemarketer has called your phone or sent a text message to it?

What is the latest in the evening a telemarketer has called your phone or sent a text message to it?

With global connectivity and 24-hour access, it‘s slowly beginning to happen here more and more at odd hours, including almost any time on Saturdays and Sundays.

:[

Posted - May 27, 2021

Responses

Around 2100.  Grrr.
      May 27, 2021 8:36 PM MDT

Is this an attempt to jinx me?  (it's bad enough that they start at 3 am)
      May 27, 2021 9:16 PM MDT

*Randy D at the Telemarketers’ Extra Special Yet Super Secret Annoyance Techniques Symposium:
      “So let me see if I have this straight. You’re going to pay me all this money just to spy on some dude named Shuhak (frankly, it sounds made up to me), report back to you the best times to interrupt him on an average 24-hour period so that you can ring his phone or send texts at the most inopportune moments.  Aha! That’s exactly what I thought you were up to. Well, let me tell you people something, let me tell you what I think of you and this low-handed, sneaky, undercutting and foul, foul plan of yours. Who do you think you’re dealing with, offering me all this money for a scheme like this? Don’t you know it’s far too much money to pay me for a job that I’d quite happily do for half the amount? Give me that contract and an ink pen, I’m ready to get started immediately. Grrrrrrr.”

~

May 27, 2021 10:25 PM MDT

I get very few telemarketing calls, but I think the one that was made the latest was around 9 PM.
      May 27, 2021 10:02 PM MDT

• I don't get many calls or texts from telemarketers, but I get annoying texts at all times of the day and night.  They're always fake texts that claim to be from the bank or the government.  The last fake text message I got was at 4:51 this morning.  It asked me to reset my online banking password.  I hate those. 
      May 28, 2021 4:34 PM MDT

I think I can get them to stop doing this to you completely. Being the third cousin twice removed of a grandchild of the aunt of a brother-in-law of the mother of a late Nigerian prince, I have some clout in that world. Just send me all of your confidential access information for all banking and other financially-related interactions, and as soon as the $4500 personal check you send me clears, I’ll contact you from my chalet in the South of France to let you know how things are progressing in your case. 

[By the way, don’t mention anything about this to Livvie; she’s much too busy with the children and I don’t want her to worry. You know how she gets.]

~

May 28, 2021 6:27 PM MDT

The Nigerian prince is my uncle, even though I‘ve never met him.  I’ll just have to ask him about that, even though it might take a while for him to reply, given all of his frozen bank accounts he needs help accessing.
      May 29, 2021 1:54 PM MDT

Hey! Who told you to read that? It’s supposed to be a PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL communication! How do you keep getting in here anyway? I have your pictures distributed to all of the security guards, they’re expected to keep you out! Grrrrr.

:[

~

May 29, 2021 5:14 PM MDT

• There is no time limit for contact from a telemarketer.  It can be anytime during the night hours. 
      May 29, 2021 5:36 PM MDT

Thank you. 

Oh, by the way, what is the latest in the evening that a telemarketer has called your phone or sent a text message to it?
    ~

May 29, 2021 5:52 PM MDT