Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A free round of beer if you get vaccinated. Joint effort by a beer company and the White House. Get soused. Who could resist that?

A free round of beer if you get vaccinated. Joint effort by a beer company and the White House. Get soused. Who could resist that?

Posted - June 2, 2021

Responses

Whatever works (remember when I suggested this awhile back?).  Americans love beer almost as much as they do money.  Of course we are talking A/B here... I think their products are more popular in the southern half of the country
    I'm just wondering that if they do make the goal, how will A/B fulfil their part?  Will their virtual gift cards assume everyone has a phone?
      June 2, 2021 2:45 PM MDT

Good questions m'dear to which I have no answers. You know what I think Shuhak. Far too many people do and say in the now without ever thinking out the possible consequences. Why is that? I mean using alcohol as a lure seems so cheesy to me. Can people get drunk on one beer? It just seems really a low-class thing to do. What would I have preferred? Oh I know and of course it's obvious! Say a $10 credit at my favorite market. Or even $5! We didn't need to be bribed but whatever works. It's just that beer seems to tacky. Now broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale? There's an incentive to be valued! I'm not joking but I bet you're laughing! I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine. Oh by the way I used your name in a reply to Durdle. He has a garden too not as extensive as yours but maybe you already know that. :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 3, 2021 12:56 PM MDT
      June 3, 2021 2:43 AM MDT

A/B says the gift card will be good for ANY of their products (not just beer), as they know not everyone drinks that stuff.

Bribed with kale?  I can see a long line of rabbits, their noses and ears twitching wildly.  One rabbit turns to the rabbit in line behind him - "Um, Peter, whats a COVID vaccine?"  "I dunno, but free kale is free kale!"

They can bribe me with cake.  I LOVE cake!
      June 3, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

Cake would work with me, too!

I'm not so sure kale would. The Brussels Sprouts perhaps.
      June 3, 2021 4:19 PM MDT

Although I like brussels sprouts, I'd really prefer cake.
      June 3, 2021 10:27 PM MDT

Didja know you can "hide" veggies in sweet things Shuhak? Ever hear of ZUCCINNI bread? It's DEELISHUSH!  Just grate it and it blends beautiffully. I'm just sayin'.......
      June 4, 2021 5:34 AM MDT

Oh, I've heard of it; don't like it.  Mom used to make to use up overgrown garden zucchini.  Just the thought of zucchini in there is gross.

My sister seems to enjoy hiding "good-for-you" stuff in sweets (one has to be very careful what one eats at her house).  For one family gathering she served black bean brownies.  She didn't tell us what was in them until after we ate them.  Except for being chocolate (yuck), they were "passable".  
      June 4, 2021 5:05 PM MDT

If you can't really "TASTE" it and it's healthy why would you object to it Shuhak? I say good for your sister and you can tell her I said so! But I have a not-so-hot thing to share about that very thing. If I already told you this apologies. Years ago my grandparents and my aunt and uncle lived in the same house two blocks from us. My Grandma would not eat pork. Well my aunt "tricked" her and served pork loin for a meal and my grandma loved it. Until my aunt told her what it was. She got very ill and kept throwing up and was in bed for a few days. My aunt felt  AWFUL. I mean my grandmother was an old lady set in her ways and beliefs and that knowledge just devastated her. I know my aunt "meant well" but doing that? Very sneaky. You don 't throw up do you? That question isn't serious of course. There are consequences to deceiving...unintended sometimes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to you and your family m'dear! :)
      June 5, 2021 2:12 AM MDT

hahahahahahahaha! :):):)
      June 4, 2021 5:32 AM MDT

I love this reply Shuhak. KNOW WHY? I giggled all the way through it. I LOVE TO GIGGLE and LAUGH OUT LOUD!  So thanks for that! Your dialogue is highly BELIEVABLE. Those wabbits aren't the wascally kind. I can tell! Thank you for showing up with this! :)
      June 4, 2021 5:27 AM MDT

American beer? What do I do to avoid it?
    American beer is like making love in a canoe - f**king close to water.

One beer isn't enough to get "soused".
      June 3, 2021 6:16 PM MDT

A few years ago we had a nifty conversation about Aussie beers and cheese and stuff. I wonder how much DOMESTIC beer is consumed compared to/with how much IMPORTED BEER is consumed. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      June 4, 2021 5:28 AM MDT

I don't drink.  And when I did it was not beer. 

If I want something....I will pay for it myself. 
      June 3, 2021 6:22 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      June 4, 2021 5:29 AM MDT