Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For those of you "of a certain age" remember way back when John Lennon wrote IMAGINE? What did you think of it then?

For those of you "of a certain age" remember way back when John Lennon wrote IMAGINE? What did you think of it then?

More importantly what do you think of it now?

Posted - June 8, 2021

Responses

I did not like it the first time I heard it. (I am younger than the song)

I like it less now. 
      June 8, 2021 5:36 AM MDT

Hated it then, despise it now!  Lennon wrote it to promote communism.
      June 8, 2021 2:17 PM MDT

And atheism, and anarchy.
      June 8, 2021 2:31 PM MDT

WHAT? Are you serious? Did he say so? I have never heard that before Shuhak. NEVER. NOT ONCE. So where did you hear it? I'll Google it and educate myself.

Let me ask you this though. If you have more than you need and you see someone is starving would you share what you have or let the person starve to death?. It is a serious question. Some don't give a rat's a** about others. I know you do so that's why your reply is so SHOCKING. Thank you and now I'll GOOGLE it and find out about it. I still like the lyrics. Am I a Communist based on that? I dunno. This post was edited by RosieG at June 10, 2021 12:37 PM MDT
      June 9, 2021 1:44 AM MDT

Listen to all the words not just the chorus.
      June 9, 2021 6:27 AM MDT

I read EVERY WORD. I don't do things half-a**ed m2c. I should think you would KNOW THAT BY NOW.

I BELIEVE JESUS and GOD would subscribe to it.
      June 10, 2021 12:38 PM MDT

Jesus and God would subscribe to:

"Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today....

And no religion, too..."?  I do not believe that at all. This post was edited by my2cents at June 10, 2021 2:30 PM MDT
      June 10, 2021 2:26 PM MDT

Yes he did.  It was the communist manifesto. 

Of course I would.  However, that's not what communism is.  true communism is  everything is owned by the state.

This post was edited by Shuhak at June 10, 2021 2:24 PM MDT
      June 10, 2021 11:05 AM MDT

Hi Rosie:

I loved it..  Still do..  I can't imagine anybody didn't..  I certainly can't imagine where anybody got those awful things from that song..  If what I imagine is atheism, sign me up..  If living in peace is communism, sign me up.  Truly..

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."

excon This post was edited by excon at June 9, 2021 1:20 AM MDT
      June 8, 2021 3:06 PM MDT

((hugs)) Exactamundo! As I do everyday I just sometimes let go and let my mind wander...meander..browse with no destination in mind. And the lyrics of that song just started streaming in my mind. I ask WHAT IF questions all the time and I thought WHAT IF about the song. So many people live the antithesis of it thinking they are the ones who get it right. When you couple that with having power well..you see what happens. Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE m'dear! :)
      June 9, 2021 1:24 AM MDT