Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why are churches partisanly political? Why do they not worship GOD and focus on HIM rather than worshipping a president?

Why are churches partisanly political? Why do they not worship GOD and focus on HIM rather than worshipping a president?

From the pulpit to the congregation churches are a very STRONG ARM of the political party it fancies.

Serving two masters. Preaching politics from the pulpit. DISGUSTING.

Posted - June 9, 2021

Responses

I have never heard a pastor talk politics in a sermon. 

I have heard them say to vote for Biblical values.  That is where he left it.  For the congregation to decide which party/candidates would apply.

I am sure some get political because the gov is coming after them.   Claiming verses in the Bible are hate speech.  

LBJ specifically went after churches because they would not support him. Passing a tax law as a Sen to go after churches for voicing their positions on issues.  

June 9, 2021 7:38 AM MDT

Hi Rosie:

Why, you ask..  It's because the IRS won't follow the law..  Very simply, church's are exempt from taxes.  We give them that exemption because religion has no politics.. 

But, as you noted, church's preach politics all the time, and the IRS looks the other way..  What's worse is they do it on YOURS and MY dime too.  Ergo, the taxes they DON'T pay have to be made up by people who DO pay, like me and you..

excon
      June 9, 2021 7:54 AM MDT

Not to mention tax exemption is against the teachings of Jesus.
    "Render unto Caesar" and all.
      June 9, 2021 7:56 AM MDT

:):):)
      June 9, 2021 10:09 AM MDT

AARRGGHH! Why does the IRS look the other way excon? Are they/is it afraid GOD WILL SMITE THEM or something? I don't get it. I think even Scientology gets a religious exemption doesn't it? I CAHN'T STEND IT! I love that line...."....because religions has no politics..." said he knowing full well it do too! Should we riot at the IRS? No. So what are we going to do? Live with it? AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 9, 2021 8:28 AM MDT
      June 9, 2021 8:06 AM MDT

I have heard of the IRS investigating churches, if they receive complaints that the church is involved in politics.
    And some churches have lost their tax-exempt status, due to such investigations.
      June 9, 2021 1:11 PM MDT

Really and truly? It would be every church Republicans attend. They don't "do" GOD in any environment that doesn't agree with their trumpican worship. Gonna ask. Thank you for your reply.
      June 10, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

We give the an exemption because it encourages tax payers to donate to them and other charities.
     That is fine with me.  But it would also apply to every other 501 org.  We can start with Planned Parenthood and move on to NFL/sports teams and PACs (political action committee)  and then the other real charities.  No favoritism. 
      June 9, 2021 2:26 PM MDT

Why are churches partisanly political? That's a broad statement/question. Regale us, Rosie. When you say churches, are you referring to all churches, just a few, or specific ones? I ask this because the churches I attended never spoke about politics nor did they get involved in politics because it was irrelevant to why we were there.

We were there for Christian fellowship. We were there to preach and teach God's Word and to praise Him with song. We were not there to preach and teach politics. Could there be some churches that are doing what you so broadly referred to? Perhaps there are. And if there are then those churches are not God-centered nor God-fearing.

June 9, 2021 3:31 PM MDT

Mutual backscratching. Prime Monster Scummo uses his Hellsong cult connections for political advantage, and they support him with donations. Pharisees all - "prosperity theology" verges on the Satanic, being the antithesis of the teaching of Jesus Christ.
      June 9, 2021 6:32 PM MDT