Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A Nebraska guy was sentenced to death for strangling/dismembering his Tinder date. Ever date a total stranger? Why?

A Nebraska guy was sentenced to death for strangling/dismembering his Tinder date. Ever date a total stranger? Why?

Posted - June 13, 2021

Responses

What an awful crime!

Have I though.... Naturally if you meet via an advertisement you are total strangers until that meeting, of course. A  couple of times, yes, and I went out with one of the women for about a year. The other didn't progress past our first meeting.

That was when such dating was rather simpler and a lot cheaper, via "lonely hearts" ads in the local papers. Then big telephone-based agencies charging premium rates high-jacked the trade, followed by Internet versions; and I would not touch any such services with a barge-mouse.
      June 13, 2021 3:31 PM MDT

I wonder if it ever happened in reverse? The dame dismembered the guy? I suppose there is no guarantee that people you meet face-to-face are any saner or safer than those you meet on the internet. I remember way back when I was single after a divorce. I lived near the beach and so on a Saturday I packed a little lunch and planned to spend a few hours there. A pleasant man commented on the lunch and I asked if he'd like to share it? I mean it was typical Rosie..plain simple not fancy. Sliced cucumbers and carrot sticks and sliced monterey jack cheese and  a couple of apples. Canned chilled juice. Why I remember it so well is because that was always what I took to the beach. Food that would do well unfrigerated. He asked me out and I went to dinner with him that night locally. We dated for about six months and he was a really nice guy. But he was getting over a divorce and I think they decided to get back together. It was not any kind of deep love or anything. He was a very interesting guy  and had good manners and was a gentleman. But now that I think back on it he could have been a maniac and I might not be here. I would NEVER EVER do that today. Setting aside my age and my Jim that Rosie is long gone. She was trusting and VERY LUCKY! Thank you for your reply Durdle. I shall ask because I'm curious about it. I've never read anything about a blind date woman murdering/dismembering her blind date. Have you?
      June 14, 2021 4:51 AM MDT