Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of a sticky bomb? It sticks to whatever target you throw it at and does a whole lot of damage. Are they portable?

Ever hear of a sticky bomb? It sticks to whatever target you throw it at and does a whole lot of damage. Are they portable?

Are very heavy? Can they be miniaturized for ease of throwing into crowds or churches or other places where lots of people congregate?

Are they expensive?

Posted - June 13, 2021

Responses

Uh...what are you planning, Rosie?
      June 13, 2021 12:50 PM MDT

Oh c'mon E. Do you really think I would tell anyone on an open forum like this one? I'm just gathering information at the moment. What I do with it? Well it depends on what it is. Tune in later. Thank you for your question. I guess you couldn't answer mine, right?
      June 14, 2021 5:37 AM MDT

Actually, I was too lazy to look it up.
      June 14, 2021 6:34 AM MDT

Okey dokey. Now THAT I can relate to myself. Some stuff I don't care enough about to bother with so I don't. Thank you for your reply E! HONESTY is my cuppa tea.
      June 14, 2021 6:36 AM MDT

Well, it must be portable and fairly light....
      June 13, 2021 3:18 PM MDT

I wonder if they could be made in any size like say a hand grenade? Those are safe until you pull the pin right? I have no idea what they cost but the idea of them is tantalizing in a gory gruesome kind of way. "they" are always perfecting ways to kill "the enemy". Maybe such portable sticky bombs exist. I haven't GOOGLED it qnd I have no idea why the idea got hold of me and won't leave my brain. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! OH. I KNOW WHY! Ever hear of STICKY BUNS? I LOVE THEM. There is a question there somewhere Durdle. Sticky bombs or Sticky buns? Of course I shall ask!:)
      June 14, 2021 5:40 AM MDT

OK, for those of you too inert to look this up, here's what I found:

"Typically, sticky bombs consist of explosives packed in a small box, a magnet attached to the box and a mobile phone. The bomb-maker programs a number into the phone number and dials it, with the last digit setting off the blast once he is clear of the targeted car."

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-afghanistan-lloyd-austin-kabul-taliban-c497354cd76c2e0fc9dc21bb6d908794

So, to answer Rosie's question, it would appear that they are lightweight and easy to carry.  
      June 14, 2021 8:20 AM MDT