Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Odd. Some will tell you what can never be. It is an impossibility. How do they know? What evidence do they have of "impossibility"?

Odd. Some will tell you what can never be. It is an impossibility. How do they know? What evidence do they have of "impossibility"?

I think it's very arrogant supercilious condescending and limited restricted constricted confined.

What wasn't is today. What isn't today will be tomorrow.

You say no way? I say what planet are you from that you don't KNOW THAT?

Posted - June 14, 2021

Responses

Humans will never build a colony on our sun.

I will never visit Europe or Asia.

June 14, 2021 11:03 AM MDT

I am guessing it is due to the excessive heat generated. Nothing we have available to us now could protect us from that intense temperature now. Right? What about tomorrow? Next year? 20 years from now? Why would we WANT to go to the sun to live? What is there that would lure us or benefit us? Curiosity? That's good for a visit but to build a colony and call it home? Well not now but much later perhaps we will discover something compelling that would cause us to work on it. I'm just saying no one ever dreamed we'd be living this life 100 years ago. But here we are. Right? As for never visiting Europe or Asia? AT 85 (jim) and 83 (me) our days of flying are over. But if they weren't? The Acropolis is where I'd head for first thing in Europe. As for Asia I'd love to visit THE FORBIDDEN CITY. And Japan especially...the statue of Hachiko is at Shubuya Station in honor of a dog's great love for his master. The story is heartbreaking but also uplifting. Professor Hidesaburo Ueno adoopted an akita puppy which he named Hachiko..Hachi for short. The bond between them was magnificent. Hachi used to go with the professor to the train station  where he took the train to University where he taught. Hachi would go back home and then shortly before the train was due back he'd go to meet his master. One day his master died. FOR TEN YEARS Hachi would go to the train station to meet his master. Through whatever he suffered all those years he would be there. I'm not making this up. They made a movie out of it with Richard Gere called HACHI. So maybe I'd go there first even before Athens. Thank you for your reply Walt. I haven't thought of that for awhile. :)
      June 14, 2021 11:43 AM MDT

MAYBE I'd visit outside the American continents, if they developed StarTrek transport technology ... or instantaneous transport of some sort.
    I just wouldn't be able to sit on a plane for hours at a time.
    But even on the American continents, I'm not likely to go below the US southern border due to crime and the language difference.

No colony on the sun for the reason of the heat, as you mentioned.
    But also due to a lack of resources, including water.  
      June 14, 2021 11:57 AM MDT

The trips to Hawaii took 5 hours which dam* near killed me. My son who lives in Honoulu and is a professor there goes on different trips to conferences all over the world. Going to Europe from Honolulu is short trek. People do it all the time but I am not one of them. I've never had to be in the air more than 5 hours. LA to New York or LA to Honolulu. That's it! I don't know how professional athletes do it Walt. They go all over the world all the time in different time zones. how does the body adjust to that? I have trouble with fall back and spring forward. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 14, 2021 12:01 PM MDT