Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Echooos
Swoop62
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Education » What are your memories of your first day of school as a 5-year-old child?

What are your memories of your first day of school as a 5-year-old child?

My father took me to school on the first day.  All of the kids were crying and screaming to go home.  I told myself that I was not going to be a crybaby like the other kids.  However, when the teacher announced that it was time for all the parents to leave, I cried and screamed louder than all of the other 5-year-old kids.  

Posted - June 14, 2021

Responses

Meeting a boy called Matthew who became my best friend, and taking an instant dislike to my teacher, she scared me. I was four.
    My mother, herself a former schoolmarm, said of her, "Monica is a very good teacher - but far too tough for kindergarten." (The following year she taught fourth grade, where she was better suited).
      June 17, 2021 2:54 AM MDT

• Not good. It was in September 1997. I was nervous and didn't want to let go of my mom. I certainly cried. It's harder for an only child since I had never seen siblings go off to school or anything like that and I had mostly only been around my parents. I was very quiet and shy at first (still am in many ways) but I did get used to it after a while. 
      June 17, 2021 11:04 AM MDT