Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Before you engage in playing games you should know how to play them very well and also know how well your opponents play them. Right?

Before you engage in playing games you should know how to play them very well and also know how well your opponents play them. Right?

Posted - June 16, 2021

Responses

Or you could just play a game to enjoy the time you are spending with the people you are playing a game with. 
      June 16, 2021 10:07 AM MDT

I agree with my2cents.

Even if you know how to play, it doesn't have to be "very well" or how your opponents play them.

Of course, if you're playing at a professional level - yes, you should play "very well" and know something about your opponents' style(s).
      June 16, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Walt even though you are telling me it echoes another replier.. So you read her post before you posted? Do you do that often? Inquiring minds wanna know these things. Do you tout easily? Back in the day when I answered questions I NEVER ONCE READ ANOTHER POST before I gave my answer. NEVER ONCE. Different strokes I guess. By the way did you perchance have a clue what I was referring to?

Putin and Biden. This post was edited by RosieG at June 16, 2021 11:30 AM MDT
      June 16, 2021 11:16 AM MDT

If referring to Putin and Biden.....Biden knows nothing. 
      June 16, 2021 11:22 AM MDT

If there are 1 or 2 short replies before the response box, I tend to read them.
    Otherwise, I tend not to read replies ... especially ones that are longer, or have a lot of responses.

As far as "leadership games" ... I believe a leader should at least know their own shortcomings, in order to ask for help.
    IE: Few people have professional-level diplomacy skills.  And even if they do, there are different styles depending on if we are talking individual/personal, business, political, or military.  
      June 16, 2021 11:36 AM MDT

I don't know why I never do that Walt. Maybe I fear being touted unknowingly so I just always go in head first not looking at anything else.

Also it's not limited to politics. If you know your strengths and weaknesses you will be able to fit in to any game if you understand the rules. But too may flyweights intellectually take on heavyweights who smack them down with a word or a phrase or a sentence. We should not fight out of weight class physically or intellectually. Being so arrogant as to think you know more than anyone else about anything else without research investigating doing your homework is what fool's do and they are always nailed. People here sometimes think they have the right stuff to do that. They do not. I've never engaged in something beyond me knowingly. Now of course not knowing enough sometimes lures me into thinking I might. But the minute I realize I never try to bull my way through with bullsh** to "impress". I just beat a dead horse deader. Sorry. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 17, 2021 8:06 AM MDT