Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Virus outpaces vaccines, a sobering milestone (600,000 americans died from COVID 19), a new variant. A BAD variant?

"Virus outpaces vaccines, a sobering milestone (600,000 americans died from COVID 19), a new variant. A BAD variant?

Yes. OF COURSE. It is very bad. The DELTA variant. When will we see an outbreak? It doubles the risk of the need for hospitalization.

I don't know or understand how we can open up 100% and "go back to normal" when tehre will always be new mutations/variants stalking us and there will always be MILLIONS of saps who refuse to get vaccinated. Russian Roulette? YOU BET! :(

Posted - June 16, 2021

Responses

I think it will be the new flu.
    Most people will voluntarily get the annual vaccine for the "greatest threat" variant ... but even those who do may get sick from a "lesser" variant.

Before COVID, few people with flu symptoms voluntarily quarantined themselves.
    They continued to go to work, school, restaurants, shopping, church, etc - exposing thousands of innocents.
    And they didn't even wear masks.
      June 16, 2021 3:17 PM MDT

This one really SCARES me Walt. The new "deadlier" variant. I mean we're vaccinated but still wear masks because how do you know whom you can trust? I mean it. Do you trust anyone these days? Allegedly that new deadlier strain spreads 40% times FASTER. Oh and I also read that something like 1/4th of all who get COVID have lingering health problems! How do you personally take all this new news? With a grain of salt? With Stoicism? SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine m'dea! :)
      June 17, 2021 4:59 AM MDT

If I believed in some higher power ... be it God, Gaia (Mother Earth), Karma ... I would think "it" was purposefully trying to increase the death toll of humans.  But since I don't believe in a higher power - it's just coincidence and our own stupidity.  So "it is what it is", to me.
      June 17, 2021 6:41 AM MDT

Okey dokey m'dear. I have a question that when it entered my head I thought of you. Here goes! :)
      June 17, 2021 6:57 AM MDT