Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Employers are paying employees for the JUNETEENTH holiday. The Senate passed a bill making it a national holiday. HOW?

Employers are paying employees for the JUNETEENTH holiday. The Senate passed a bill making it a national holiday. HOW?

That son of an itch mitch said his goal was to block EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME NO EXCEPTIONS. Was he drunk when it passed?

What next will the son of an itch drop the ball on d'ya think?

Posted - June 16, 2021

Responses

Anything political.....
      June 16, 2021 2:04 PM MDT

I had to look it up.
    I had heard it before, but forgot what it was.

I agree with it being a national holiday.
    If we celebrate the liberation of our nation from under tyranny ... it makes sense to celebrate the liberation of a people from the same.

I would not agree with requiring employers to pay employees to take it off, though.
    If the employer chooses to do so - good for them.
      June 16, 2021 2:14 PM MDT

I think it is not going to be mandated. But it was worth mentioning I think that some employers voluntarily didn't want their employees to lose pay which will pay off for them I'm sure. Every kindness extended to employees goes in the bank account of the employer. They are going to win in the long term for being kind. And probably make up that money in increased productivity! So they really don't lose a thing. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      June 17, 2021 5:50 AM MDT