Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Almost 900 New Yorkers who received COVID vaccines in Times Square were given expired doses. Just what they needed right? How could that be?

Almost 900 New Yorkers who received COVID vaccines in Times Square were given expired doses. Just what they needed right? How could that be?

Posted - June 16, 2021

Responses

I do know that medicines, like food, don't immediately lose their effectiveness on the expiration date.
    Some lose effectiveness more rapidly than others, of course. 
    So not knowing the specific "rate of decay" for the vaccine in question, or how it was stored during that time (which could slow the rate), I don't know enough whether or not to be concerned.
    Though if I received one of those vaccines, I would definitely be calling my doctor to ask about it.
      June 16, 2021 2:23 PM MDT

I read something about that. Which vaccine I don't recall Walt but "they" said it had a longer "effective" date than first thought. Which is a good. But I expect it can go the other way a well which is not a good. I wonder with all the mutations and variants bombarding us if we will ever really truly "get a handle" on the Coronavirus? What are the long-term dangers? We can't know in the short term obviously. Fingers crossed. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      June 17, 2021 5:47 AM MDT

It appears that it was the Pfizer vaccine that was "expired."
      June 17, 2021 8:43 AM MDT

Wow, that is awful. 
      June 17, 2021 9:28 AM MDT