Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will we have or should we have a newly designed American flag?

Will we have or should we have a newly designed American flag?

Some have expressed they feel it is time for a new flag. 

Posted - June 19, 2021

Responses

We don't need a new flag.  The one we have is perfectly fine.  Don't like this one - move to another country.
      June 19, 2021 3:17 PM MDT

My feelings as well, I love our flag.
      June 19, 2021 3:28 PM MDT

Oh. so now we are fixing things that aren't broken?
      June 19, 2021 3:34 PM MDT

Some say our flag represents racism, I disagree completely. 
      June 19, 2021 3:43 PM MDT

The stripes represent the original 13 Colonies and the stars represent the 50 states of the Union. The colors of the flag are symbolic as well; red symbolizes hardiness and valor, white symbolizes purity and innocence, and blue represents vigilance, perseverance and justice.

Not sure how that translates into racism.
      June 19, 2021 7:30 PM MDT

Oh, I’m sure “they” will find some way to twist all of those pints points into negatives.  Remember two very important points: there are some people who look very hard for something to be offended about, and just about everything is racism these days.
      Oy vey. (Oops, is that racist?)

:(

This post was edited by Randy D at June 21, 2021 12:47 PM MDT
      June 19, 2021 7:36 PM MDT

Those are the folks who have taken being offended to an Olympic level.  

Dios mio!
      June 19, 2021 9:25 PM MDT

I saw recently a teaser commercial for a news program that claimed Biden signed something that ordered the flying of a black lives matter flag below the American flag at all US embassies. Being a teaser commercial, and not having later seen the broadcast it was promoting, I do not know if it’s a true story or not. If it is, we’ve reached hell in a hand-basket time. 

DISCLAIMER: just in case anyone decides to get on my case for being anti-black lives matter, I’m STILL waiting for that “organization’s” equally fervent outcry when one Black person kills another Black person or attempts to kill another Black person. So far, all I’ve gotten is crickets. If Black lives truly matter to BLM proponents, then it seems to me that all Black lives should matter, not just the ones that get headlines for BLM and line the pockets of BLM hierarchy. Try defunding gang members who commit violent crimes, or protesting in front of gang members’ houses, or burning down that gang member’s house, or demanding the arrest of that gang member, then I might see your “organization” as a credible entity. The hypocrisy needs to end, or at least be responded to.

June 19, 2021 6:57 PM MDT

I don't usually comment on racial issues, but your comments are prompting me.  Human nature being what it is, why would someone take BLM seriously when they don't seem to care about the frequency and severity of Black on Black crime?  How do they expect others to care what happens when those of the same race only seem to care when the crime is white on Black?  
      June 19, 2021 7:19 PM MDT

Amen. You’re preaching to the choir.

:|

June 19, 2021 7:27 PM MDT

No.

See the source image
      June 19, 2021 9:58 PM MDT

Thank You.  I don't think it is a decision that just a few people should make.  All of us in America should have a say and a vote if they take it that far. 
      June 20, 2021 10:00 AM MDT