Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Happy American FATHER'S DAY to all dads everywhere. My dad passed away January 1960. Is yours still alive?

Happy American FATHER'S DAY to all dads everywhere. My dad passed away January 1960. Is yours still alive?

Posted - June 20, 2021

Responses

My dad passed away in 2012 at the age of 93.  However, there are nine immediate family members who are exceptional role models for our family and we are proud and grateful to have them with us today.

To Jim:

June 20, 2021 10:26 AM MDT

Thank you for such a sweet kind and informative reply L. I just pulled it up now and had Jim read it. He said "she is so sweet". He knows we're besties. That's really lucky for you and your family. I'm happy for you and know futurely you will be with family. So important these days. ((hugs)) :)
      June 21, 2021 2:55 AM MDT

I am a very fortunate person in so many ways.  Happy Monday. :)
      June 21, 2021 7:56 AM MDT

You deserve it! Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      June 23, 2021 2:00 AM MDT

Thank you. :)
      June 23, 2021 8:08 AM MDT

:):):)
      June 26, 2021 1:34 PM MDT

• My father sadly passed away 14 years ago.  I visit my parents' grave on Fathers Day to place flowers in observance of Fathers Day. 
      June 21, 2021 8:14 AM MDT

Condolences RJ. My dad passed away in 1960 and not a day goes by that I don't think of him fondly. Of course that makes sense since I am here due to him because I am part of him or he is part of me.  Same for all children of all parents no matter the age. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      June 23, 2021 2:02 AM MDT

He disappeared when I was six and I never saw him again. I have no idea when he died, nor do I care.
      June 22, 2021 4:28 PM MDT

I don't know why he would do that E but I'd like to think you are better off without him. Had he stuck around he might have made your life miserable. Thank you for your reply. Do you think everything happens for a reason even if we never know what it is? I'm going to ask. I don't know the answer. I wonder what others think. :)
      June 23, 2021 2:04 AM MDT

She is. Transsexual. We don't talk much.
      June 22, 2021 4:47 PM MDT

Gosh R I don't know what to say. I did not know. Did that change happen after you were an adult and more equipped to understand? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine. I think that would be a very big thing to deal with as a child. It upends what we are used to experiencing. Trying to understand WHY people are as they are is probably the hardest thing to do. But we try and that's what counts. We try.
      June 23, 2021 2:09 AM MDT

Only admitted after I was grown and flown. It devastated my mother.
    I have very much my own theory - Catholic school. Marist brothers. Three of the teachers who were there at the same time have since been exposed as serial paedophiles, and dad would have been one of the smallest boys at the school ...
    (A girl wouldn't have been at that school, and it would not have been happening.)
      June 23, 2021 2:18 AM MDT

At least you got that break. You were an adult and had moved on with your own life as all children do. But your mom. That must have been extremely tough for her. She probably wondered whether their entire lives together had that as an underpinning. I can't even almost imagine what being molested by "holy men" would be like for a child. Terrifying for sure and maybe your grandparents were of the type who would not believe the child if indeed they were told. Doubly terrifying. Being harmed and not being believed by your own parents. There should be a special place in HE** for those who harm/abuse/molest or worse our darling children. An adult being raped is horrifying. A child? Anyway that's a really big change. I love being a dame. I always have. So I wonder what it would feel like if my body parts were male but inside I was the same me? You're trapped and what are you supposed to do? Sorry for belaboring it m'dear. Living a straight life is hard enough. Coming out must be the bravest thing anyone can do. :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 23, 2021 6:42 AM MDT
      June 23, 2021 2:27 AM MDT

Mum died embittered. That's what hurts.
      June 23, 2021 2:41 AM MDT

She was unable to come to terms with it and find peace. That is very sad. I'm so sorry for her and for you having to witness it. I think we've come a long way. I didn't particularly like Bruce Jenner so I don't particularly like Caitlyn. A change of form doesn't change who the person is. Now you probably know Caitlyn is planning to run for Governor. Cait is a REPUBLICAN. Governor Newsome is a Democrat. Cait doesn't know the first thing about governing anything but she is a curiosity for many. The Republican party in California is and has been on life support for years. I don't know if it would back her candidacy. They are DESPERATE to get off life support and breathe on their own but I don't know if Cait is their ticket. Thank you for your reply. I sure digressed from your reply didn't I? Apologies. Sorry. :( This post was edited by RosieG at June 23, 2021 6:42 AM MDT
      June 23, 2021 2:56 AM MDT

Wasn't the Governator a Republican? That wasn't so long ago. A moderate who was prepared to reach across the aisle.
      June 23, 2021 5:18 PM MDT

You mean Schwarzenneger? Yeah. I didn't mind him so much. Actually in my lifetime California used to be a lot more Republican. I don't know when or why it turned blue. Of course Ronald Reagan was the most famous/infamous. He did damage but Arnie wasn't that bad. Thank you for your reply R! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 24, 2021 1:34 AM MDT
      June 24, 2021 1:32 AM MDT

No; died Hogmanay 1948 after the shops shut. Never got over the War. 
      June 23, 2021 8:58 AM MDT

Retroactive condolences m'dear. I am very sorry to hear that. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to use your words "never got over..." for a question. I wonder how many people "never got over" something? I'll give you blind credit for the idea. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine Malizz.
      June 24, 2021 1:36 AM MDT

Aye, well,  "Never got over" is usually psychological, but in Dad's case it was physical; the desert sand got his stomach. What was worse, he was so desperate to get out of the army that he ducked his demob med, leaving Mum unable to claim a War widow Pension. 
      June 24, 2021 4:16 AM MDT

Unfortunately no.  Gone in 1996. He loved me but I think didn't know what to do with that love. 
      June 23, 2021 8:41 PM MDT

I wonder what causes that. Not knowing how to show love? Thank you for your reply og and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      June 24, 2021 1:37 AM MDT