Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What kinds of things could you do at a store that would be harmless pranks?

What kinds of things could you do at a store that would be harmless pranks?

I think it would be fun to grab a handful of boxes of condoms and put them into little old ladies' carts.

Posted - June 23, 2021

Responses

Turn all the products with English and foreign language labels, so the foreign language faces the aisle.

Turn all the products upside down.
      June 23, 2021 7:50 AM MDT

• Ha, ha, ha!  When I spot any product labeled with the non-English language side facing the aisle, I would re-arrange the product so that the English-language side of the product would face the aisle.  I would also restore any products displayed upside down to its correct position.  
      June 23, 2021 8:07 AM MDT

• A friend switched the identification tags of silverware and chinaware patterns in a department store. 

Example: the identification tag for Lenox chinaware would be switched to the identification tag for Mikasa chinaware. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 23, 2021 6:00 PM MDT
      June 23, 2021 7:59 AM MDT

Break the glue seal that holds the folds of the bottom of a box of cereal (or two) together so when someone picks up the box the contents will fall out.
      June 23, 2021 10:30 AM MDT

I’ve actually done this. 

It was the Christmas season about 15 years ago in a JC Penney at a local mall. I had just left the office, so I was dressed in a dark blue business suit, silk tie, highly-glossed black leather shoes, the whole nine yards. I was in one of the clothing sections, a customer approached me and asked me some question or other about the merchandise, and at first I was a bit confused as to why she would be asking me, but before I said anything to her about it, I realized that because of the way I was dressed, she 
    thought I was a store employee, possibly a management-level one. Immediately, I decided to pull a fast one on her.  I answered her question, which satisfied her, but maybe a little too much, because she then asked another. I answered that one too, and another nearby customer heard us and in turn approached me for help. Soon, I was getting out of my league, because I didn’t know the correct answers, but I was having so much fun that I didn’t want to stop. I bluffed my way through the answer, not knowing at all if I was even close to being accurate. I had the chutzpah and ego-driven audacity to approach a third customer, tell him he looked as if he needed help, and ask him if I could be of any assistance. He also hit me with a question too difficult for me to answer, so I tried bluffing him too, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw a real JC Penney employee take notice of me from a few aisles away. She began to make her way toward me and the man I was “helping”, so I knew I was about to be busted. Quickly, I said to the customer, “This isn’t my usual section, I was sent over here to help with the overflow of shoppers, so why don’t I get you somebody who normally works here. Hold on, please.”
    I left him there and quickly met the saleslady halfway between where she had noticed me and where I left the customer. As her name tag came into my view, without even slowing my stride, I quickly said to her, “Miss Real Employee, that gentleman has some questions, would you be able to assist him, please?” And without waiting for her response (or giving her a chance to ask who I was), I just kept walking past her at a brisk pace and disappeared from that part of the store, going straight for the exits and to my car in the parking lot.
    ~

June 23, 2021 6:36 PM MDT

That is funny.  I used to be a Shoes Salesman at JcPenney's..  I made pretty good commission.  Then a week before they were going to drop commission, I quit. This post was edited by ONeg-84 at June 24, 2021 8:20 AM MDT
      June 23, 2021 6:58 PM MDT

I fell asleep soon after posting a while ago, sorry; didn't see all of your posts until I woke up a bit ago (have been dealing with a slight-but-irritating leg injury recently and have been tired a lot), sorry
    -- your correction to me was valid. I decided to go ahead and delete some stuff here anyway, though, in large part, because I know in past days, on many posts, I've just been answering and posting to people, and not really answering their questions - - I've just been posting thoughts that come to my mind when I read their questions. I had done it here to this question, too, with my original answer (that was not really a prank). I realize some of what you posted to me will now disappear, too. Hope that is okay.
    I hope you're okay.  :) 

And I even failed to verbally say that I liked your answer but I will say it now - - I'd never be able to do what you did, ha!
    :)
      June 23, 2021 8:33 PM MDT

Excellent.
      June 24, 2021 8:20 AM MDT

• Wow, fantastic!   
      June 24, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

Nothing.  No one under 25 should be allowed in stores, it appears.  ;)
      June 23, 2021 10:10 PM MDT

Or over 65.
      June 24, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

Go into one of the fitting rooms, close the little door, and wait. When an attendant knocks, say loudly "it's no use knocking, there's no paper in here either". This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 24, 2021 6:33 PM MDT
      June 24, 2021 7:00 AM MDT

Lol!

~

June 24, 2021 8:37 AM MDT