Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Rich people are the abnormals. They don't have budgets because they don't need them. Normal regular people do budget. Are you good at it?

Rich people are the abnormals. They don't have budgets because they don't need them. Normal regular people do budget. Are you good at it?

Posted - July 15, 2021

Responses

• I've always been good in keeping a budget and living within my financial means, never having to live from paycheck to paycheck.  
      July 15, 2021 6:53 AM MDT

Only once in my life did I experience that. Got divorced and the ex did not pay the required child support. Way back then it was only $100/month. Over the 12 years he was required to do so I received $3000. We divorced when our son was 6. 12 years x 12 months x $100. You do the math and see how much I was stiffed. But I asked my son if we should go to court when he was 12 and he said" no mom. We're doing just fine without it". I was lucky and got good jobs that paid well so when my son graduated from College I gave him $3000. The amount his dad contributed to his needs. I remember when I had $5 in my checking account, no savings and a few days till my next payday. I was scared to death but we survived the lean times. It is what it is. You roll with the punches. Thank you for your reply RJ and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 15, 2021 10:14 AM MDT
      July 15, 2021 7:26 AM MDT

From personal experience - rich people who act like they don't need to budget, generally don't stay rich too long.

In fact, rich people (IMO) require more budgeting than the "normal" people.
    Most "normal" people don't have to worry about paying a staff of lawyers, accountants, housekeepers, landscapers, drivers, guards, etc.

Personally - I've seldom had a problem with my personal budget and not spending more than I can afford.

July 15, 2021 7:10 AM MDT

I'm very good at living within my means. Never had a problem doing it. So what you're saying is that being rich isn't all sunshine and roses. It has its own set of problems. Well the one I'd most worry about is people "liking" me for my wealth and what it could do for them. I've never had that worry Walt. I think that's a BIGGY don't you? I know "the rich are different from you and me". And Jim and I would be considered "rich" by some standards certainly. We can pay for everything we need and some things we want. Some would give the world to have that. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Oh...that doggy video was worth watching. So there's lots of stuff like that on YOUTUBE? Do you visit and go through a list of titles? How do you choose which to spend time watching? It's like our SMART TV. WE have a bazillion channels available which we will never in our lifetimes have time to watch. But they're there! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 15, 2021 10:14 AM MDT
      July 15, 2021 7:18 AM MDT