Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Why is it okay to murder unborn children but wrong to kill convicted murderers?

Why is it okay to murder unborn children but wrong to kill convicted murderers?

See the source image

Posted - July 15, 2021

Responses

Neither is OK with me.
      July 16, 2021 5:47 AM MDT

Maybe for similar reasoning used for it being wrong to murder unborn children but okay to kill convicted murderers?
      March 17, 2023 5:25 PM MDT

Both are wrong in my book, particularly after the formation of the brainstem (6-10 weeks). Contraception isn't difficult and Plan B can take care of 95% of rapes.
    And a jury can get it wrong. The last man executed in Australia, Ronald Ryan, was later proven innocent of the murder he was hanged for. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at March 22, 2023 8:11 PM MDT
      March 18, 2023 9:33 AM MDT

I’m with Thriftymaid and Slartibartfast on this one.
      March 18, 2023 1:12 PM MDT

The winds of social change. Back in the mid-sixties, I had a very good friend who had four children when I met her and was pregnant with number five. As a military wife, she had to use the services of Walter Reed Medical Center. As her due date approached with that child, she told her doctor that she wanted her tubes tied after delivery. She was told absolutely not. It was not something they would do without a medical reason. Two years later, she was expecting number six. This time, she begged to have her tubes tied. They told her "sure", "no problem".

It may have been closer to just a year and a half, I can't remember for sure. But that's how quickly society had an about face on the subject.
      March 18, 2023 3:21 PM MDT

It is not.  

One is innocent and the other is not. 
      March 18, 2023 8:54 PM MDT