Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What was the most incredible coincidence that has happened to you?

What was the most incredible coincidence that has happened to you?

I was in an enlisted men's club in Norfolk and invited myself to a table with a couple of attractive women sitting there. They were Navy wives and quite friendly. We were talking about where we were from and one of them said she was from Toledo. When I asked her what schools she attended, she said Burroughs Elementary school, where I attended. She was older than me and I asked her if she knew my oldest sister. They were classmates.
Another one was when I told my wife one day that I wonder if I have another sibling. My long lost sister called me the next day.
Karma?

Posted - July 21, 2021

Responses

Our ship was in Portsmouth (England) and I was in a pub, happened to start chatting with a couple of Canadian girls, one of them was a close friend of my sister from back home.
      July 21, 2021 2:32 PM MDT

Excellent. Our ship made a port call there after a NATO exercise we participated in.
      July 21, 2021 2:47 PM MDT

I was filling in for our church secretary and took an unusual call from a man who was looking for a large circus like tent for a revival.  I told him I didn't know any off hand but to hold for a minute while I took another call.  The call was from someone who had a circus like tent and wanted to know If I knew anyone who needed one.  While trying not too faint I excitedly told him to wait, I had someone on the other line looking for one.  I gave them each other's phone number.  I still get chills when I think of that divine intervention. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at August 6, 2021 6:09 PM MDT
      July 21, 2021 3:48 PM MDT

Wow.
      July 21, 2021 8:51 PM MDT

Yes a big wow!
      July 21, 2021 11:20 PM MDT

Extraordinary!
      July 21, 2021 11:30 PM MDT

I was at a training base 1,400 miles from my place of birth, and like me, there were probably about 10,000 people there from all over the US who were attending temporary courses.
      One day at the chow hall, I sat down next to people from various different units. The man next to me and I started talking, discovered we were from the same city, which is no big deal, that’s not a very big coincidence because it happens often. However, as we talked more, we discussed which high schools we had attended, once again, same school but he was 4 or 5 years ahead of me, so we had never crossed paths. When we exchanged last names, he was surprised, and asked me if I knew a girl named _______ (my last name). It was my turn to be surprised, “She’s my older sister!” I answered. He told me that about 20 years previously in his senior year of high school and her sophomore or junior year, he had taken her out on a date.
      When I next spoke with my sister by phone soon after that, she remembered him right away and said he had been a gentleman.   Unfortunately, he and I never ran into each other again.
    ~

July 21, 2021 11:57 PM MDT

I can't remember the name of the castle but it was in Germany.  You had to drive up to a certain point, then walk for quite a way up a steep trail.  Once there, the big attraction was a stairway to the stop of a tower.  We took the stairs to the top and it was unbelievable.  As we were enjoying that view I heard someone say my name.  I turned around and there stood a childhood friend in a U. S. military uniform.  I could not believe we ran into him.  He and I were not from the same place and I had not seen or heard from him in years. 
      July 22, 2021 10:55 AM MDT

• I met the woman who became my step mother before my Dad met her.  My friend had worked with her and took me to her house to visit her.  A year or so later, my Dad had been dating a woman and brought her to our house to meet my sister and I.  It was that same woman.  They were married about 6 months later.
      July 27, 2021 10:45 AM MDT