Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What what you do FIRST if you woke up a different color?

What what you do FIRST if you woke up a different color?

Posted - July 22, 2021

Responses

1st - Wonder how the hell that happened.
    2nd - Go to the Emergency Room, and find out if it's a disease of some sort.
    3rd - Resume my life.
      July 22, 2021 7:22 AM MDT

WHAT IF people in the life you were going to resume wouldn't accept you as you were? Can you count on all of them who matter to you that you would still matter to them? I sure hope so m'dear! I sure hope so. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 22, 2021 7:36 AM MDT

Contributor RosieG wrote: "WHAT IF people in the life you were going to resume wouldn't accept you [...]?"

Since RosieG's scenario would likely also have happened to everyone else, those who are "fussy" about skin color would still be just as "fussy" about it after the change as they were before it; so it is likely there would be little impact !

This post was edited by Robert at July 23, 2021 1:36 PM MDT
      July 23, 2021 1:07 PM MDT

Pee.  Whether one is black, white, green or red, they all  have one thing in common - when you get up you gotta "go"!  (humor)
      July 22, 2021 12:39 PM MDT

Ya got me there m'dear! I so can relate. Okay. For you and you only. After that WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT? Thank you for my first morning chuckle and Happy Friday to thee and thine Shuhak! :)
      July 23, 2021 2:56 AM MDT

Stumble over the cat on my way to the bathroom, then come here and pretend to be Randy and ask why you wrote 'what what'.
      July 22, 2021 1:41 PM MDT

Hahahahahahahahaha! Geez. My second chuckle of the morning. I'm on a roll here! Okey dokey. Well the big R never ever ever ever answers anything of mine and if he did who says I'd respond? Thank you for your reply E and Happy Friday to thee and thine. First Shuhak cracks me up then you do too. Methinks today will be a jolly good day! :)
      July 23, 2021 2:58 AM MDT

Hopefully I'd wake up with darker skin.  I'd go and buy a white dress.  
      July 22, 2021 2:24 PM MDT

You're lighter than you'd like to be BB? A white dress? Not HOT PINK or an amazing electric blue? Is that really the first thing you'd do? No panic or wondering what the heck happened overnight? If that is even almost sorta true I salute you. That is taking things as they come and moving on! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! What kind of dress? Tennis frock? Cocktail dress (do they still have those?)  Inquiring minds would very much like to know! :)
      July 23, 2021 3:01 AM MDT

There is a back story that goes with the desire for a white dress (not a wedding dress).  A co-worker wore a beautiful white dress to work one day.  It was stunning, she purchased it on a trip to Mexico.  I always wanted a dress just like it and look beautiful just like her.  Years later I went on a cruise to Mexico and searched for  the dress.   I finally found one very similar and purchased it.  I waited to try it on until I got home (not sure why now) but it was such a disappointment.  A white dress against white skin.  It was hard to tell where the dress started,  hahahahaha.  The difference was her darker skin which made the dress much more attractive and stand out. I still do not ever wear white. 

The dress was simple in design, nothing fancy. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at July 23, 2021 9:02 AM MDT
      July 23, 2021 4:37 AM MDT

((hugs)) Apologies for the impertinence of hugging you but I ALWAYS ADORE KNOWING THE BACKSTORY. I provide them from time to time when it's appropriate and YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON to give back what I've provided so there you go. I can so relate to that. Here's my backstory. I saw a gal once with long hair, in flowing slacks and top who wore a bracelet watch on her wrist which moved a bit. It wasn't one of those really tight leather strap watches. I see her still in my mind's eye. She wore no makeup. Didn't need it. So guess what I've done? Patterned myself after her. I don't like tight clothes. I let my hair grow long and wore it in a side braid for years.Now I just put it back in a clip. It's waist length. I'm 83! So what say I? I LIKE it!  I've only had bracelet watches. I don't wear makeup. The men in my life always preferred me with no makeup for whatever reason. So I think in this regard we may be kindred souls. Thank you for your delightful reply BB and Well have a very great day. OKAY? :)
      July 23, 2021 4:57 AM MDT

Awwww, thank you for your back story, we are kindred souls in this. :  )
      July 23, 2021 8:43 AM MDT

When we venture out we never know with whom we might engage/click and with whom we might not. An adventure every day! You're welcome m'dear and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :)
      July 24, 2021 4:33 AM MDT

Hmmm...

July 23, 2021 9:01 AM MDT

See what I mean.  Dark skin makes everything look better.  That is why white women spend so much time in the sun.  Trying to get that beautiful color even knowing the sun causes cancer. 
      July 23, 2021 10:35 AM MDT

While people often want to go brown, but dark skinned people often want to go while:
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-trends/Asia-s-skin-whitening-market-reckons-with-global-antiracist-push
      July 23, 2021 10:49 AM MDT

I just saw a story related to this, the other day.
    The reason Asians want lighter skin color isn't racism - but classism.
    Darker skin is associated with work outdoors - implying lower social/class structure.

Very similar how the term "redneck" originated regarding people who worked outdoors, having lower social/class structure and less education.
      July 23, 2021 11:02 AM MDT

I don't know who my daddy is but sometimes I wish that he had been a black, red, coco or olive so that I would have more choses of  clothes colors.  I was just thinking of a MASH  eposoid were Klinger made Charals say - olive skin makes good kin. Cheers and happy weekend!
      July 23, 2021 10:55 AM MDT

Relieve oneself, get drink, go back to bed.
      July 22, 2021 5:54 PM MDT

This is the best thread I've ever had. I cracked up THREE TIMES (yours is the third)! THREE TIMES on one thread! My but today will be a super duper up day. Starting off with so much fun bodes well for everyone! Thank you for your reply O and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) Another question coming. Here's a preview for you. "Are you able to roll with the punches, bounce right back up, take things in stride and move on no matter what you have to deal with"? . This post was edited by RosieG at July 23, 2021 10:36 AM MDT
      July 23, 2021 3:04 AM MDT

Was that drink, or drunk?
      July 23, 2021 9:03 AM MDT

Shhhnh!
      July 23, 2021 10:38 AM MDT

Probably break out my color wheel  so I could see what colors go well with my  new complexion then I would go  shoping for a  new wardrobe and matching accessories. Cheers!
      July 22, 2021 7:02 PM MDT

Honestly this thread is amazing! Another respondent talks about clothes. No one will panic. Everyone will just go on as usual. I think it's amazing if true. No disrespect to you Nanoose about thinking about a new wardrobe. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :)
      July 23, 2021 3:08 AM MDT