Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The DISASTERS PROMISED due to climate is now everywhere! I wonder how many deniers homes are gone due to fires? Or do they still DENY? WHY?

The DISASTERS PROMISED due to climate is now everywhere! I wonder how many deniers homes are gone due to fires? Or do they still DENY? WHY?

Posted - August 9, 2021

Responses

Fires in CA are NOT a result of climate change.  

CA climate is to burn every year.  In fact less acres burn now after human habitation than burned before.   

There are places in Europe that can no longer grow grapes for their vineyards....it is too cold. 

Climate changes no one denies that it has for militias.  Humans are not changing it. 

August 9, 2021 9:51 AM MDT

Worth bearing in mind that the rates of change when Nature had it all her own way were slower... and those interglacials (the peaks on that graph) brought sea-levels up to 10 metres, possibly more, higher than we see now.

No-one denies the climate is changing. No-one denies that climate in an ice-age as we are still in, naturally fluctuates as shown. There is a lot of research active around the world to determine in increasing detail how these things happen naturally.

What is the concern is that human activity has distorted and increased the rate of change above the natural rate.

A professor connected with the IGCC, interviewed on the radio this morning, admitted that there was still some uncertainty about the cause ten years ago, but so much has been learnt since then that we can no longer regard we humans as innocent.  

There is though an aspect not considered. If what is happening is the end of the Quaternary Ice Age altogether, then while no-one now would seriously deny our own part in accelerating it, we will never be able to stop it and the consequences will be far, far greater than anyone would care to contemplate. Look at the time-scales involved! Although none of us alive now will see that, it is still no excuse for helping it along.
      August 9, 2021 3:39 PM MDT

Did you look at the chart?  Looks like a cycle...and I do not see this huge fast recent change either.
    We are not at the highest temp in the past.
      August 9, 2021 3:46 PM MDT

Um... you forgot to take one minor details into count.  People.  All those thousands of years ago there weren't 8+ billion people. 
    Without all those people, there weren't 1.4 billion cars driving around pumping pollution into the atmosphere. 
    Without all those people, there was no need to cut down forests or fill in bays to make room for them to live.
    Without all those people, there was no need to crete buildings out of cement (cement production and disposal is a major source of pollution).

People are here NOW and they are leaving a huge footprint.  The oceans are filled with plastics.  There are microplastics in every corner of the earth; inside every animal, insect and bird.  You can't say that about all those years ago.  WE are screwing this planet up right NOW!  EVERYTHING has cause and effect.  Nature can do some amazing things, but it can only work with what it has.  And right now it's all plastic coated.
      August 9, 2021 3:56 PM MDT

Again look at the graph....there is NO difference in the normal temperature cycle. None. 

Yes we are here and we are doing things...and the chart verifies we are not causing change. 
      August 9, 2021 6:45 PM MDT

I beg to differ.  There is NO evidence that there were 8+billion people here 100,000, 200,000, 300,000 or more years ago.  And I don't recall anyone saying that they found the fossil of a 300,000 year old car.

I am NOT saying that people are 100% the cause for our current climate change, but they are playing a rather large part.
      August 9, 2021 10:10 PM MDT

No one claimed there were 8B people 100K years ago.  

Again, look at the temp graph.....it is repeating itself. 
      August 10, 2021 5:17 AM MDT

into count account
      August 10, 2021 2:52 AM MDT

Human influenced climate change or natural climate cycles. I tend to go with natural climate cycles. :)
      August 9, 2021 7:55 PM MDT

Disasters promised by everybody except Trump and the GOP. I think the weather changes will start showing peaple that Trump didn't have a clue to what he was saying about climate change and  he never will so it will effect his chances of winning in the 2024 election. Cheers!
      August 9, 2021 10:08 AM MDT

Once again I sure hope you're right m'dear. But between thee and me his GUANOHEADS will never fault him for anything. HE OWNS THEM and they ADORE HIM. It's beyond help logic truth fair just good. WAY beyond that! Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 9, 2021 10:40 AM MDT

https://www.inquisitr.com/1234575/nasa-scientist-global-warming-is-nonsense/

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/the-stunning-statistical-fraud-behind-the-global-warming-scare/

Wildfires have been happening for centuries. Before fossil fuel and after fossil fuel. But is global warming/climate change the culprit today? I think not. This post was edited by rusureamisure? at September 19, 2021 6:37 AM MDT
      August 10, 2021 6:56 AM MDT