Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » While in Afghanistan for TWENTY YEARS why didn't we annihilate the taliban? Exterminate them?

While in Afghanistan for TWENTY YEARS why didn't we annihilate the taliban? Exterminate them?

Posted - August 14, 2021

Responses

They were, and still are, good at hiding amongst the general population. They are obviously cowards.
      August 14, 2021 7:45 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine.
      August 14, 2021 7:47 AM MDT

They are not a uniformed army but guerillas - civilians living ordinary lives most of the time, so not identifiable as Talibani, ISIS, Al Quaeda or any other group.
      August 14, 2021 4:29 PM MDT

If we are going to exterminate violent extremists, why not start here with the white supremacist terrorists? 

Just a thought. I don't think extermination of people is the way to go. 
      August 14, 2021 4:43 PM MDT

How about we just neuter them.
      August 14, 2021 4:49 PM MDT

Brilliant!
      August 14, 2021 4:51 PM MDT

It's so me.
      August 14, 2021 4:51 PM MDT

Nascar races and the white sale at JC Penney - that's where you'll hit your target audience! 
      August 14, 2021 5:01 PM MDT

And, of course, Pickup truck dealerships and bars like 'The Dewdrop Inn.'
      August 14, 2021 5:05 PM MDT

You are right.

Exterminating whole groups of people leads nowhere better than the hells of Hitler's Germany, Stalin's USSR, Pol's Cambodia and worse than most of those together, Mao's China. 

'

Incidenatlly, there are some in the UK asking if another on-line circle ought be considered "terrorist", and it is not political but social, the so-called "incels". This is a reaction to the one domestic and several random murders and suicide of the murderer, who was allegedly caught up in that circle,  a few days ago in Plymouth.
      August 15, 2021 2:50 AM MDT

Imagine all the people, sharing all the world, living life in peace... 

I've heard of "incels" and I know they're targets for recruitment by other hate groups in this country. Blaming the quest for equality and respect for women for the psychological problems that prevent them from establishing healthy sexual relationships with women. It's easy for groups like "Proud Boys" to recruit them into their fold. Their hateful rhetoric combined with those existing personality and/or psychological problems is a recipe for violence. 

More division, to put it simply. I don't know how much more this world can take, truly. 

August 15, 2021 12:32 PM MDT

Thank you for that added explanation. I did not know these mysogynists are easy targets for the more politically-motivated groups, but I suppose there's not much to choose between them.

"More division..." I think so too. A bleak prospect.
      August 15, 2021 4:13 PM MDT