Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Weird. GUANO agreed to withdraw troops from Afghanistan on MAY 1 and not one GUANOHEAD bit**ed about it. WHY BIT** NOW?

Weird. GUANO agreed to withdraw troops from Afghanistan on MAY 1 and not one GUANOHEAD bit**ed about it. WHY BIT** NOW?

Right. Because it's Joe Biden and not their dearly beloved GUANO that's doing it proving once again that it is all about a cult of personality and not about what is best for the country. YA KNOW?

Posted - August 15, 2021

Responses

Yet again you blame Trump for the problems Biden causes. What happens now is on Biden's head and on his administration's heads. Trump's withdrawal stradegy would have been conditions-based. As it has always been with most other Presidents. Biden had no conditions in place. And the mess you now see in Afghanistan is a direct result of that. And that's unacceptable. Biden's incompetence grows by leaps and bounds. And that you can't blame Trump for no matter how hard one may try.
      August 15, 2021 9:26 AM MDT

• Trump's "conditions" were a meeting with Taliban, which any sane person knew they would not honor. The same thing would've happened under Trump. Any Trump supporter complaining about the withdrawal now just because of who happens to be in the White House is a massive hypocrite.

The fact is though that I support this withdrawal. I supported it when it was Trump's prerogative and I support it now under Biden. We cannot stay there forever. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 15, 2021 9:42 AM MDT
      August 15, 2021 9:41 AM MDT

I'm all for getting our troops home. I'm all for ending wars. But steps need to be taken to avoid a very real possibility of a threat to America. 911 and al Qaeda come to mind. The Taliban have not broken with al Qaeda which is not good for any surrounding countries. They will both grow once again and will become more of a threat than they ever were.

The Taliban will overthrow the Afghan government at some point because we won't be there to stop it. And the 300,000-member security force is not yet strong enough to fight off the Taliban, If no one is there to stop it, what happens? We have troops in places that aren't needed. We also have troops in places that are needed. Needed to protect not only the regions they are in but to protect American soil.

Should we withdraw? Hopefully, at some point yes. Is now a good time to withdraw? Considering what the Taliban and al Qaeda have done in the past, are doing now, and will do in the future, and considering the volatile nature of that region and of the world in general, in my opinion, no.

Does America need to be the police of the world? At one point I said no. However, looking at the present threat that radical Islam, Russia, and China present to the world, I now say yes. I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate to help keep the peace. However, considering who's President of the United States now, we may become part of the problem instead of the cure. Just my opinion of course.
      August 15, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

• I guess my question is: should our prerogative be maintaining a low-level presence in a country like Afghanistan to prevent the Taliban from acting without bothering to build up their army or government? It seems that threat of American attack was the only thing holding back the Taliban. For our 20 year presence there and attempt to build up their army and government, all of it folded within a few weeks. Maybe the only thing we need to be doing is threatening to bomb the **** out of the Taliban if they attempt to take over while keeping them at an insurgent level. It doesn't seem that "nation building" in Afghanistan is even possible.

Of course, it's important to note that Pakistan is also a haven for terrorists and a supporter of the Taliban. Maybe we should be focusing more on them. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 16, 2021 3:13 AM MDT
      August 15, 2021 12:03 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 16, 2021 3:13 AM MDT