Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I know the unvaxed are super proud of this great/grand achievement. 129,000 new COVID cases per day will be 200,000/day by next week! HAPPY?

I know the unvaxed are super proud of this great/grand achievement. 129,000 new COVID cases per day will be 200,000/day by next week! HAPPY?

Sappy crappy daffy

And we wait with bated breath to find out how many NEW CASES are STURGIS born don't we?

700,000 folks went.

How many of them brought COVID back to their dearly beloved loved ones? Last year 600. This year 6000 maybe? I mean last year there wasn't a Delta variant that spreads infinitely faster. I'm just sayin'

Posted - August 16, 2021

Responses

May they die quickly before they can take out all the "sane" people.
      August 16, 2021 2:51 PM MDT

Well the 700,000 unmasked old fogy Sturgis bikers have yet to be heard from. The Guys and the Dames that went up were all unmasked you see. DEFIANT in their redness and support for the GUANO. All GUANOHEADS no doubt. What joyful present will they bring back to their families and communities? How many of them dare to admit they are vaxed? Any day now. Wait for it. Meanwhile it is the CHILDREN who are now being put on ventilators. OUR CHILDREN are benefitting from their parentage. Isn't that simply delightful? SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Enough of them won't die before they typhoid mary millions. RIP in advance to all of them. They left chaos behind and have blood on their hands. That will follow them wherever they go..to he** perhaps? :( This post was edited by RosieG at August 18, 2021 1:53 AM MDT
      August 17, 2021 2:40 AM MDT

They're Not the only ones.  Despite being a major hot spot for covid, this county held its annual 5-day county fair (wed-sun).  No masks.  No distancing.  Once giant super-spreader event.  And With high school now back in session (stared on maoday) and the rest starting on thursday, prepare to see this county's cases spike through the roof!!
      August 17, 2021 11:38 AM MDT

AARRGGHH! California of all places! Shocks me bigly.

Oh did you get your sample ballot for the recall? What a crock. The list of guv wannabes is hilariously long.All we gotta do is mark NO to the question "Shall GAVIN NEWSOM be recalled (removed) from the office of Governor?" and that's that. 46 candidates among which is Cait Jenner. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 17, 2021 7:41 PM MDT
      August 17, 2021 11:53 AM MDT

Yes, it came last week. 

NOw this has me confused.  If I mark "no" and leave it at that, then if he loses, I will have had no say in who his replacement will be.  To me the wording on the ballot isn't very clear.  I don't want my ballot invalidated, but shouldn't EVERYONE have a say on who their governor will be for the next 12 months? (again, just in case he loses).

The whole thing is completely stupid!  2022 is a gubernatorial election year. The Republicans (and they are the ONLY ones behind this) are wasting OUR money $200-$500 MILLION just because their pride is hurt.  They can't wait 13 more months, they have do do it NOW - despite the costs.  They KNOW that a lot of people don't vote in "off elections".  This Is their way to sneak themselves into power so they can implement their "trump agenda" (lies).
      August 17, 2021 12:26 PM MDT

If you vote to keep Newsom....that is who you are voting for.  You don't get to vote for the replacement that would be a double vote. Or like letting a Dem vote in a Rep primary. (I do not think CA has open primaries) 

August 17, 2021 2:23 PM MDT

I see.  That makes sense.   
      August 17, 2021 2:39 PM MDT

Not so fast, Shuhak!  I checked sos.ca.gov  It doesn’t work the way my2cents says it does!  

There are two questions on the ballot.  The first question is about recalling Gavin Newsom.  The second is about who will replace him in case he loses the recall.  You can fill out both questions on the ballot regardless of how you vote on the first question.

This post was edited by Livvie at August 18, 2021 6:21 AM MDT
      August 17, 2021 7:40 PM MDT

That's what I thought.
      August 17, 2021 9:39 PM MDT

I should probably provide the exact link to back up what I said:

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/upcoming-elections/2021-ca-gov-recall/newsom-recall-faqs

August 17, 2021 10:16 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 18, 2021 1:58 AM MDT

Sorry. About that. It is how it sounded on the news.  
      August 18, 2021 6:23 AM MDT

August 18, 2021 1:59 AM MDT

((hugs)) :):):)
      August 18, 2021 1:56 AM MDT

Boy am I lucky I asked this question and lucky that both you and Livvie replied. We were just going to fill in the NO circle and let it go at that. There are I think 9 Dems, way too many GUANOHEADS and some Independents The more candidates the greater the dilution which works against the GUANOHEADS who want our guv out.So now we "vote" for our Governor's replacement grudgingly. The  stupid dumbs are so panicky and desperate they FRANTICALLY are  spending tons of our money to get rid of a good Guv. It galls them that there are so few of them. Little red dots here there and everywhere like Measles! So thank you for bringing that up and thanks to Livvie for informing us!  Great start to the day! Happy Wednesday to you. Oh. I checked the map. Where the fires are and where you are is getting closer. You still on the edge of being okay? The last outbreak is like 65 miles from you! :( This post was edited by RosieG at August 18, 2021 10:50 AM MDT
      August 18, 2021 2:03 AM MDT

I agree. 

I'm Fine.  No one's done anything stupid locally... yet (firewise).  I'm still inundated with smoke.   Thankfully(???) strong winds have kept most of it aloft.. but they've fanned the flames too (making even more smoke).
    Another town (Grizzly Flats) is now history.   Maybe the "concrete jungle" is the place to live.  
      August 18, 2021 10:58 AM MDT

OMG! You mean like New York City? OMG. I'd never make it there. So far you are okay then. Good. Every time another town goes down I go to my map to see where you are...then I Google it and ask how many miles away. I do the EXACT SAME THING  for my sis who lives in Carson City. They get crapped up air a lot when you do. So far our skies are free of smoke. It doesn't seem fair. I'm gonna GOOGLE Grizzly Flats and see the proximity to you. Apologies but I can't help it! SIGH. Take care. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. 
      August 18, 2021 11:30 AM MDT

It's around 100 miles from here.  Coincidently, that's almost the same distance the Dixie fire is from here too.  
      August 18, 2021 11:37 AM MDT

Oh. Why do I get the mental image of settlers being attacked by Indians and making a circle and falling flat on the their bellies with rifles to protect themselves?. No disrespect to native americans intended. I hope none is taken. But you get the drift. Today is quite cool and we are inhaling it! In one week  it will be 103 as the high. Today it says 83! I know. How do they KNOW THAT? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. How is your sister and her family doing? Hanging in? This post was edited by RosieG at August 18, 2021 12:40 PM MDT
      August 18, 2021 11:39 AM MDT

They don't actually know, per se, rather it's an educated guess (going with the odds). 
    High pressure will build behind the trough (that's how the atmosphere works).  High pressure means fair skies, light winds and lower humidity.  Most times this scenario means warmer temperatures.  Going off historical data, they are able to create parameters (x + y = z) to establish the likelihood of temperatures falling between certain ranges.  Thus they are able to predict a certain temperature (+/- 5 degrees).  It sounds complicated, but a computer crunches the numbers for them.   There's no way to be 100% accurate as the atmosphere is always changing.  Rather its likely (they play the odds).  

Clear as mud?

This post was edited by Shuhak at August 18, 2021 1:28 PM MDT
      August 18, 2021 1:00 PM MDT

Inappropriate and also illogical.
    People vaccinated against the Coronavirus have far less risk, since Coronavirus vaccinations typically result in less severe symptoms: 
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/young-people-make-up-biggest-group-of-newly-hospitalized-covid-19-patients

Edit:
    My reply to RosieG's response is present on the second page of the thread. This post was edited by Robert at August 18, 2021 9:12 PM MDT
      August 18, 2021 6:35 AM MDT

Fact - The unvaxxed idiots are prolonging this pandemic and making life  miserable for the rest of us.
    Fact - Breakthrough cases are on the rise.  It's only a matter of time before the unvaxxed idiots "create" a strain that even the vaccines can't handle! 
      August 18, 2021 11:04 AM MDT

August 18, 2021 11:41 AM MDT

??????????????? INAPPRORPIATE AND ILLOGICAL? By what authority do you assess that you are informed enough to judge? Weird bizarre odd peculiar to jump in and ATTACK a responder to a question. Again I ask by what authority do you feel entitled to this? Inquiring minds would like to know.
      August 18, 2021 11:32 AM MDT