Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What is bothering you the most about the Afghanistan situation?

What is bothering you the most about the Afghanistan situation?

Posted - August 17, 2021

Responses

How Trump supporters want President Biden's head on a platter for carrying out the withdrawal originally agreed to by Trump.
      August 17, 2021 4:34 PM MDT

What is going to happen to the people who worked for our army.
      August 17, 2021 4:45 PM MDT

There  is a TV show called The  United  States Of Al. It is about  an Afghan who worked as a translator for the US milatary. It is a pretty funny show but kind of sad because of what he went through then not compleatly recognized for it. I imagin it will now be next to impossible to get out the translators that are left there and when the Taliban catch them they will be tortured then killed. Cheers!
      August 17, 2021 5:16 PM MDT

Yes, it's a good show and I watch it weekly. I like at the end of each show where 'Al' sends a plee for the release of them.
      August 18, 2021 6:41 AM MDT

If we can't get them out of Afghanistan, they will be sought out and slaughtered along with their families.  There is no reason to believe that there is now a kinder, gentler Taliban than there was in 2001.
      August 18, 2021 7:40 AM MDT

The lives pointlessly thrown away in a 21-year war that achieved NOTHING. Vietnam II (not aiming that at the vets but at the politicians who sent them). When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?
      August 17, 2021 6:15 PM MDT

• What's bothering me are that people who grew up in post-Taliban Afghanistan are now going to have any freedom or opportunities reversed. But maybe there's hope that a new generation will eventually come to reject these guys. 
      August 18, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

The incompetence of Joe Biden and the way he's handling this debacle. All of the arms, ammo, tanks, Blackhawks, planes and other American ordinance that was left there and is now in the hands of the Taliban. And lets not forget the 15,000+ Americans still there. And what does Biden tell them to do? Go hide he says. This is all on Biden, not Trump. 
      August 18, 2021 1:27 PM MDT