Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What happens on September 1 to the Americans and Afghans still waiting to get out? Do they get executed on the spot or blown up or arrested?

What happens on September 1 to the Americans and Afghans still waiting to get out? Do they get executed on the spot or blown up or arrested?

Posted - August 26, 2021

Responses

Well  not all of them will get executed or blown up because the Taliban  needs some of them for human shields. Cheers!
      August 26, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

WE have experienced an enormous disaster Nanoose. What do we do next? Thank you for your reply. The last CANADIAN is leaving intact. I hope. 1000 U.K. troops will be leaving. How I don't know. Did you ever imagine in your wildest nighmare that this would be the US exist plan? :(
      August 26, 2021 12:00 PM MDT

Canada pulled its troops out yesterday not completely happy about that because I would of liked to have seen them stay until the deadline. Cheers!
      August 26, 2021 5:37 PM MDT

I don't blame any country for pulling out Nanoose. Apparently allegedly it was always going to end like this. How sad  is that? Where others failed repeatedly we thought we wouldn't? We and all our allies bravely but vainly kept trying. FOR 20 YEARS. For 20 years? I'm never going to understand that. Do you? Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 27, 2021 2:17 AM MDT

The Americans and other foreigners there but wanting to go home are probably not in danger from the Taliban provided they are careful and don't provoke them; but the Afghans very likely are, which is why they want to escape.
      August 26, 2021 4:20 PM MDT

Appaently from what I have heard it is ISIS causing the danger. ISIS and Taliban are enemies and it is ISIS who is doing the killing. But what I don't understand is why anyone thought it was winnable. For 20 years we kept fighing. I expect we could be there for another 20 with the same results. At what point does a person decide to cut bait. Did we actually think we could "win" something? What? Maybe while we were there women had a better life but is that all we accomplished? Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Friday to thee and thine.
      August 27, 2021 2:21 AM MDT

NATO achieved a lot more than women's rights, although that was certainly very important, but I think we'd have had to leave eventually.

The real trouble arises from the way we did it, leaving the country with a weak government in the lurch when you hardly need be a professional political analyst or diplomat to realise the Taliban would simply fade back into their home lives, quietly arm themselves and wait patiently. 

What is going to happen next is anyone's guess, because ISIS is starting to take its opportunity. I would not be surprised if the country spirals down into chaos and even civil war; with the Taliban under pressure from both ISIS and resistant Afghans. Only of course, the Taliban and ISIS are the ones with the guns and explosives.
      August 27, 2021 2:24 PM MDT

Why would the Afghan government be WEAK after TWENTY YEARS? Whose fault is that exactly? I think we have to be very careful futurely not to get sucked into something like this again. But we probably will. It is very disheartening to say the least. 20 years down the tubes. A 20-year break for them. Are we our brothers' keeper? Apparently the world thinks so. Thank you for your reply Durdle. Will it be worse now than it ever was? Did those 20 years exacerbate infuriate? Apparently so. :( This post was edited by RosieG at August 28, 2021 1:44 AM MDT
      August 28, 2021 1:43 AM MDT

I feel sick over the events in Afghanistan right now.  I do wonder why Americans, British and Australian visit a country like Afghanistan, North Korea and any other country that is dangerous to outsiders.  Common sense says don't go, but people do for some reason.  The women and little girls are in such danger, it is awful. 
      August 26, 2021 5:29 PM MDT

I'm going to ask about that very thing BB. I think the only thing the 20 years accomplished was a temporary bettering of the lives of women. Was that enough when tt will revert back to SHARIA law? SIGH. It's complicated and I don't if there is answer with which everyone would agree. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine.
      August 27, 2021 2:22 AM MDT

SHARIA law is alive and well in America, which is not common knowledge.  Though illegal it is still practiced among some groups right here in the US. 
      August 27, 2021 4:21 AM MDT

OMG BB. I did not know that. OMG. So women here are held hostage to it as well as in other parts of the world? Lordy lordy lordy. How sad is THAT? Thank you for the info. Makes me feel so bad for them. :(
      August 27, 2021 4:33 AM MDT

There are doctors who perform genital mutilation on women right here in the US.  A doctor told me this.  These people need to be prosecuted but they are protected by their people.  More needs to be done to stop it.  Women are not free even in a free country.  
      August 27, 2021 5:33 AM MDT

WHAT? Wait a minute. Isn't that against what doctors purportedly take a vow not to do?

NO HARM. Isn't that part of their sworn oath? So they bring the vile barbaric savagery with them wherever they go? OMG. Evil travels. Why does that shock me? Thank you for your reply BB and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 28, 2021 1:47 AM MDT
      August 28, 2021 1:46 AM MDT

There is Sharia Law and there is Sharia Law.... according to whose definition. Iran and Saudi Arabia are both hard-line Islamic nations, hardly shining examples of democracy and individual liberty, but even they treat women a lot better than the backwoods Pashtun men who form much of the Taliban.  
      August 27, 2021 2:27 PM MDT

That whole world is a NIGHTMARE to me Durdle. I do not understand why women don't run away from it. How can a human being live like that? It just does not compute. They grow up in a culture where women are second class or third class and have no rights. It is the male who is loved cared for and treasured. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      August 28, 2021 1:40 AM MDT

There are two aspects to that.

Firstly if you live in a culture that has not changed much for over a thousand years, as is the case in places like Saudi Arabia, you are used to the situation untili modern life starts to show you alternatives.

Secondly, the women have nowhere to run to anyway. Nor in fact do most of the men.

The situation in Afghanistan is that life in the larger cities was becoming more liberal and "Westernised" after the USSR withdrew, until the Taliban took over.

Once they were pushed back to their rural heartlands 20 years ago, that liberalising and a lot of real improvements started, although hampered by corruption and probably very limited experience among the politicians and civil-servants.

One analyst I heard on the radio pointed out that a whole generation has grown up since the Taliban was first defeated; but the country has seen some 40 years of warfare on and off. They also explained that the Taliban is not a homogenous body but holds many factions - I had thought that from its very mixed messages. 
      August 29, 2021 4:15 PM MDT

Why does EVIL generate more rabid devotion than GOOD? Is it due to fear? Folks devoted to Hitler and trump and others whose motives are always negative. While "christians" allegedly are devoted to GOD/JESUS a majority of the footooheads go to church and their "holy people" from the pulpit deliver hate  of "the other". Why is that? They do not see what they are or the duplicity dichotomy bifurcation of the brain. One cannot serve "GOD/JESUS" and also adore a trump or a hitler. But well they think they do. They see no problem with being fascist racists and going to church reading the bible an memorizing verses. None. That's the problem. Well one of them. Thank you for your reply Durdle. Will homo saps ever evole to a logical sensible just good or is evil part of the schematics? Thank you for your reply. I'll ask.
      August 30, 2021 1:59 AM MDT