Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Want to listen to my heart?

Want to listen to my heart?

By chance, someone who, as far as I know, does not know my history with the guy, brought him up in detail to me. He talks to her a lot, it seems.

He is literally the only guy in my life who daily said he loved me.
Promised we'd be together forever.
Until he decided to leave.

It's been years.
Still hurts.

Thanks for listening.

Posted - August 29, 2021

Responses

I'm sorry.  I know how much that hurts.
      August 29, 2021 8:09 PM MDT

Thanks SpunkySenior.  :)
      August 29, 2021 8:10 PM MDT

If it was "The One," you never get over it - you just learn to live around it.
      August 30, 2021 6:33 AM MDT

Again, I'm unsatisfied with how I chose to word my thoughts.

I need to let you know that we were still in the 'opening' stages of a potential relationship. I have no idea if he would have been The One - - but he very soon kept making those promises that we'd always be together, and he loved me.  And when someone makes promises to me, I want to believe those promises. I, myself, don't make promises to others unless I know they will be kept.
    I was beginning to believe those promises.

I will still always wish him and his partner the best, though. And that's a promise.  :)  He deserves happiness. He's a great guy.

** Notice: I will possibly post this on some other answers, too, to make sure the other people will see it, too.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 30, 2021 9:44 PM MDT
      August 30, 2021 7:38 PM MDT

I understand.  
      August 30, 2021 8:38 PM MDT

Are you flirting with me?
      August 29, 2021 9:30 PM MDT

No, I'm not flirting.
      August 30, 2021 7:39 PM MDT

I know how much a broken heart hurts and I'm sorry for your pain.  : (
      August 30, 2021 5:50 PM MDT

Thanks, Echoos.  :)

I need to let you know that we were still in the 'opening' stages of a potential relationship. I have no idea if he would have been The One - - but he very soon kept making those promises that we'd always be together, and he loved me.  And when someone makes promises to me, I want to believe those promises. I, myself, don't make promises to others unless I know they will be kept.

I will still always wish him and his partner the best, though. And that's a promise.  :)  He deserves happiness. He's a great guy.

** Notice: I will possibly post this on some other answers, too, to make sure the other people will see it, too.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 30, 2021 9:45 PM MDT
      August 30, 2021 7:40 PM MDT

I'm sorry, friend. I'm sure that kind of loss is as painful as death. Maybe more so in some ways. 

Sending hugs! 
      August 30, 2021 6:33 PM MDT

Thanks, SavvyA  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 31, 2021 4:49 PM MDT
      August 30, 2021 7:41 PM MDT