Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Have you seen the Milk Crate Challenge on TikTok?

Have you seen the Milk Crate Challenge on TikTok?

‘Don’t do it’: Miami cops put out warning to anyone attempting milk crate challenge"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/don-t-miami-cops-put-161057310.html

Posted - September 5, 2021

Responses

Sure have and that looks so dangerous.
      September 5, 2021 7:37 AM MDT

It surely is.  
      September 5, 2021 7:41 AM MDT

Yep, and it's just as stupid as everything else these dumb damn people have come up with.
      September 5, 2021 8:25 AM MDT

Is our youth so devoid of intellect that they can't think of something more useful todo with their spare time?

September 5, 2021 9:58 AM MDT

No, but this is one of those "Remove all warnings" situations. 
      September 5, 2021 8:56 AM MDT

I agree.  If they don't have the common sense to realize how dangerous this can be, then I say, let them break their necks.  
      September 5, 2021 9:57 AM MDT

Their brains must resemble a milk crate - empty and full of holes.   

One of the first things you're told in the grocery business is, NEVER STAND ON A MILK CRATE!  

September 5, 2021 12:35 PM MDT

I don't watch tik-tok.
      September 5, 2021 12:59 PM MDT

I don't either.  This was reported on Yahoo and I copied the link.
      September 6, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

Neither do I. I also have never used Twitter. I did have a FaceBook account for a short time but when I saw what was going on there, I quickly deleted every vestige from my computer. Answer Mug is the only social media site where I actually communicate with people. I do on occasion, visit YouTube where I watch mostly old movies and old sporting events such as football, boxing, baseball, etc.
      September 7, 2021 8:20 AM MDT

It is quite common here that many of us only use AM for their social media.
      September 7, 2021 8:24 AM MDT

( . . . for their our social media.)

The fact that the subject word is “us”, you’re including yourself, therefore, you must use the word “our” in the dependent clause that follows instead of the word “their”.

September 7, 2021 8:33 AM MDT

I didn't see it until I saw your post and checked it out. I did some stupid things in my youth but even I knew better than to pull stunts like this. What are people thinking when they do such things? They aren't thinking obviously.
      September 6, 2021 10:47 AM MDT

How bored (or stupid) do you have to be to do something like this?
      September 6, 2021 11:24 AM MDT

Maybe a little of both for some and a lot of both for others. I will say that the youth today is quite different in several aspects than they were when I was young. We were content with just hanging out and cruising the strip in our cars with our friends. It didn't take a whole lot to entertain most of us. My daughter asked me one time, dad, what was it like when you were young? I asked her if she had ever watched the movie American Grafitti. She said yes she did. I said, well that's what it was like for my friends and me. We rarely got bored and things were quite laid back most of the time.

In their defense, the youth today have been exposed to a whole lot more corruption, lying, dishonesty, and violence than I was. We had no high tech when I was young. Today, in my opinion, they are exposed to too much of it. It's a lot easier to get bored with life in general because it's easier to communicate with their smartphones than it is to actually spend quality time together. So some seek dangerous and stupid things to do to fill the void. I believe a lot of the blame for this falls on the parents. I may be all wrong here but that's my partial take on it.
      September 6, 2021 4:39 PM MDT

I had a similar growing-up experience as you.  The Internet has opened everyone's eyes to many things, not all of them good.  When I look at some of these youngsters all dolled up with sexy clothes and makeup all over their faces, I remember arguing with my mother to allow me to use a little bit of lipstick for a holiday party at my grandmother's.  Manners and civility seem to have disappeared too often and things you would never have dreamed of saying to someone's face become too easy to write when doing is from the anonymity of a social site.  I'm not a parent, but I know how my nieces and nephews were raised and I expect they will raise their children similarly.  
      September 6, 2021 5:26 PM MDT

I shudder to think what it would be like to begin raising very young children in 2000s (especially ages from about 1 to 7). I do not envy any parent of today’s generation. 

:(

September 6, 2021 5:32 PM MDT

I understand completely.  I have nieces and nephews who are raising youngsters from age 4 to 11 and I don't envy them.  
      September 6, 2021 6:47 PM MDT

They’re mainly thinking that their videos will “go viral”.  Apparently for some people, that’s the pinnacle of a life’s accomplishments. Go figure.
    :(

September 6, 2021 1:22 PM MDT

I don’t think it’s about the “accomplishment” of going viral. A viral video earns you anywhere from ten thousand to hundreds of thousands dollars. I’d be willing to fall off a milk crate for $200,000 if I was younger and broke lol. 
      September 6, 2021 2:44 PM MDT

How does one make money for doing that?
      September 6, 2021 4:07 PM MDT

On TikTok you can join the creator fund once you’ve reached 10,000 followers (in the USA) and have had more than 100,000 views. On YouTube,  I’m not sure how many views you need but you can make money off ads on videos if you have enough views and followers.  My niece who is only 11 has a YouTube channel and it’s just videos of some video game she plays and she makes about 200 a month from YouTube.  She’s never in the videos herself and her dad makes sure it’s safe but the kid is making good money for her age just playing a game she likes lol. 

September 6, 2021 4:21 PM MDT

Wow...thanks.
      September 6, 2021 5:18 PM MDT

If they are broke, maybe they should actually try working for a living instead of living their lives like some sort of circus act. Work. Gain some self-respect. Build their character and integrity. The priorities for many have been skewed beyond recognition. This is only my opinion of course.
      September 6, 2021 4:50 PM MDT