Active Now

Element 99
Maurice214
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What scary situation have you been in?

What scary situation have you been in?

I worked in a store that was robbed at gunpoint.  The robbers tied my wrists and legs before taking the money from the cash drawer.  

Posted - September 8, 2021

Responses

I  got swarmed by a gang in Vancouver and they beat me for about 5 minutes before I passed out. It was a pretty scary 5 minutes because I thought they were going to kI'll me. Cheers!
      September 8, 2021 9:09 AM MDT

That happened to a friend of mine, he was on his way to a MacDonald's restaurant in the area during the early am hours when four guys attacked him, took his phone, cash and watch then spent a few minutes beating him up 'just for fun' . He was in hospital for 4 days.
      September 8, 2021 9:47 AM MDT

I thought all Canadians were nice peeps.
      September 8, 2021 2:01 PM MDT

Certain places and certain hours of the day they can sometimes turn bad.
      September 8, 2021 2:28 PM MDT

Suicide may be up there, and obviously I didn't go through with it. After that, I had to deal with being at the nut house for the first time in my life. This post was edited by Zack at September 26, 2021 10:18 AM MDT
      September 8, 2021 9:15 AM MDT

When my son was 8, a large growth was found in his brain, which required surgery.
    Also, I had a very close call in a traffic situation. I have fast reflexes or I would have t-boned a van.
      September 8, 2021 2:04 PM MDT

/Welll, that sounds scary enough.  I've had a few and have written about them numerous time on this site.  Not going to do it again. 
      September 8, 2021 3:37 PM MDT

After reading all the answers as of my posting, my answer pales. I've often mentioned it on the site. It happened so fast, I hardly had time to be scared.
    I accidentally drove off a bridge.
      September 8, 2021 8:01 PM MDT

Offhand, I can recall two situations. One was when a small tornado picked up my truck with me in it and jostled me around for a few seconds before it set me back down. Another time was when during the winter, I was on my way to work. I was doing about 60mph when I hit a patch of black ice then went off the road and hit a tree. Good thing I was driving a 1952 Chevy. The thing was built like a tank. As it was, I hit the tree rear end first. It pushed the back bumper up into the back seat. Sprung both doors and shattered the windows. I bounced into the back seat then back into the front. The entire car was twisted. Thankfully I received only a skinned knuckle and a bad case of nerves for a couple of days. 
      September 26, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

Driving on a steep, twisting, one-lane mountain road that had a 100-foot drop-off and no guardrails. It was pouring rain, bumper-to-bumper traffic, 15 miles per hour crawling up the mountain due to a mudslide having taken out the main highway, we were rerouted to a secondary road. There were dozens of vehicles on a road that usually was little-used, and therefore not designed for such heavy traffic. The higher we got on the mountain, the more the GPS began to fail, it gave unreliable readings because it couldn’t show all the twists and turns. It took about an hour of nerve-wracking and white-knuckle driving to get to the other side. During the whole climb, I was sure something would happen that would send us off the side of the road and tumbling down to certain death.

:(

September 26, 2021 8:22 AM MDT