Active Now

Zack
Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How did ivermectin start getting recognized as treatment for covid? Some misinformed person thinking the covid virus was a parasite maybe?

How did ivermectin start getting recognized as treatment for covid? Some misinformed person thinking the covid virus was a parasite maybe?

IVERMECTIN: solid evidence still lacking as demand surges.

-Pharmaceutical Technology.com

Ivermectin treatment may be effective as a placebo but hardly much else.

Posted - September 12, 2021

Responses

I think it was started by suicidal pinworms that wanted to end it all. So at night they would be pop out of their hiding place and whisper things like - the vaccine is dangerous try ivermectin. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 13, 2021 6:25 AM MDT
      September 12, 2021 11:58 AM MDT

It and HCQ had been used against SARS before so they tried it with Covid-19 which is SARS-2. And has been shown to work against other similar viruses.  

It was tested in labs and killed the virus in 48 hrs. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200407/parasite-drug-shows-early-promise-against-covid-19

September 12, 2021 5:17 PM MDT

HCQ has been proven carcinogenic. In a straight choice between COVID and cancer, I'll take my chances with the virus. I lost my mother to cancer, the wound in my heart is still raw and bleeding. My wife lost a sister and went close to losing the other (my surviving sister-in-law is in remission). COVID hasn't killed anyone close to me.
    Ivermectin is used to treat parasites, not viruses. People are using the paste, which is administered rectally to horses to treat pinworm. Using it to treat COVID makes you a horse's a$$.
    The jury is still out as to whether it's effective in tablet form, anecdotal evidence is worth zero and peer-reviewed studies thus far indicate the contrary.
      September 13, 2021 3:16 PM MDT

You can choose to ignore that it is used for viruses if you want.  Does not change the fact that they both are.  

I have several family members with cancer. Some survived some did not. 

I do not know much about the vet meds but I do know it is apple-flavored....not sure why you flavor something given rectally...so you may want to double check that.  (I know it works better with your horse's @$$ joke but you know facts should matter)

I have one family member who died from covid. Amd one who died from the covid shot.  I am young and pretty healthy. 
    I will take my chances as I have been no shot for me.  If I get it, I know where to go to get human ivermectin.  (Pills) This post was edited by my2cents at September 13, 2021 4:59 PM MDT
      September 13, 2021 4:40 PM MDT

Where do you get that it is as effective as a placebo?
      September 12, 2021 5:19 PM MDT

Almost anything can be made use of as a placebo to inspire the body's natural forces to enable healing. People taking ivermectin may be enabling its effectiveness as a placebo as well as being a legitimate effective treatment supposing it does work as a treatment for covid.

Laboratory experimenting found placebos to be effective as little as 11% of the time and as much as 85% of the time for an average of being effective about 35% of the time.
      September 12, 2021 8:38 PM MDT

The studies are using it against a placebo.  And it is definately more effective. 
      September 13, 2021 4:37 AM MDT

It should average out more effective than a placebo if it is effective at all.
      September 13, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

Look at the chart I posted...it shows the results of 63 trials effectiveness. Definately more than placebo.
      September 13, 2021 4:56 AM MDT

Yes I noticed that. Seems to give a low rating for the placebo effect but so be it.
      September 13, 2021 5:11 AM MDT

It has been used extensively in other countries for COVID with success.  The American government doesn't want anything used that isn't new.........they must insure the big pharmacy companies make as much money as possible.  It is shameful!
      September 12, 2021 8:25 PM MDT

What can ya do!?
      September 12, 2021 9:02 PM MDT

Whatever you want to do is fine with me.
      September 12, 2021 9:04 PM MDT

I don’t have an opinion about it.  Its effectiveness is an argument for doctors and researchers, and they’re having plenty of arguments about it.  I think three doctors at UW Madison were the first to try it for treating COVID patients.  It went downhill when right-wing pundits latched onto it.

What I don’t get is people who aren’t doctors who have the same access to information as everybody else who either completely swear by it or completely bash it.  Doctors and researchers disagree about it.  Doctors rank a lot higher on my list of people who know what they’re talking about when it comes to pharmaceuticals than pundits or big tech censors.

I own cows, horses, a mule and a donkey so I have to go to the farm supply store quite a bit.  They now require proof of ownership of farm animals to buy Ivermectin.  It’s an over-the-counter drug for farm animals with worms.  I’ve had to use it on them before.

This post was edited by Livvie at September 13, 2021 4:31 AM MDT
      September 12, 2021 9:41 PM MDT

September 13, 2021 2:47 PM MDT

I know what it is like to be misinformed.  When you discover the trick it can make you feel sick. 
      September 13, 2021 4:52 PM MDT