Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is Climate a more overriding issue than a genocide?

Is Climate a more overriding issue than a genocide?

We've always felt connected to China, but with their military aggression in the South China Sea, with their continuation of genocide with the Uyghurs in Xinjiang province there, with their violation of the cultural, linguistic, religious priority of Tibet, with their suppression of democracy in Hong Kong and other parts of China, as well – they're just getting worse in terms of suppression, and freedom of speech. So, human rights, security, economically.

Having said all of that ... we have to work together on climate. Climate is an overriding issue and China is the leading emitter in the world, the U.S. too and developed world too, but we must work together.

Posted - September 21, 2021

Responses

Creepy Uncle Joe would not allow that...he would close the border to them...can't make China mad. That would interfere with the 10% for the Big Guy.   
      September 23, 2021 6:31 PM MDT

I see, and Trump allowed everyone in from Mexico.  Now I get it.
      September 24, 2021 7:49 AM MDT

No. Trump was building the wall. And instated the remain in Mexico policy for refugees.  Biden is the open border Resident. 
      September 24, 2021 8:39 AM MDT

Biden is sending Haitians back to Haiti.  Maybe you haven't read about that yet.  
      September 24, 2021 10:05 AM MDT

Yes I have seen what Biden has going on at the border.   I have heard that....Haitians who are actually migrated from Haiti years before and settled in Chile, Brazil and other countries....  You do not really believe they are going to deport them all.   Perhaps he should finish that wall.  

Biden knew they were coming he should have been ready.  Just another failing of the Resident. 

September 24, 2021 1:26 PM MDT

What are you talking about?  If they've settled in Chile, Brazil and other countries, why would they be coming here?  And, if that's true, why should we allow them in?

Biden knew they wee coming.  Trump knew that there was a pandemic, low-keyed it and thousands of people are now dead because of him.  But don't let me burst your bubble.  You did hear that Arizona spent $6 million dollars to count a little over 600 votes in Trump's favor AND HE STILL LOST.  
      September 24, 2021 2:10 PM MDT

Again, Trump has Fauci in his ear the whole time. And it was Fauci who said it was not something Americans needed to worry about. Fauci should be fired.

Yes. Did you see all of it? All of the questionable ballots. Of course not, MSM did not bother to report that. 

But yes if you count all the ballots including ballots that would be fraudulent...Biden won. (By fraud...we already knew this)
      September 25, 2021 6:13 AM MDT

Biden let them n....OPEN Borders Biden. 

Mayorkas FINALLY admits 12,000 illegal Haitians out of 17,000 have been released into the US, and number could go 'even higher': He DOWNPLAYS border crisis by saying 'I wouldn't call it a flood'

• Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas finally admitted on Sunday that 12,000 Haitian migrants have been released into the U.S.
    • He said the number could go up as 5,000 other cases are still being processed 
    • This means the Haitian migrant count is up from 15,000 to 17,000
    • Mayorkas downplayed the crisis, claiming he wouldn't call the surge a 'flood'  
    • Another caravan of mostly Haitian migrants are making their way to the U.S. border through Central America

September 27, 2021 11:21 AM MDT

Yup, Biden did let them in. Secure borders are essential to our national sovereignty. However, Biden found it necessary to make another stupid decision and open the border. And because he did, he not only put American citizens in danger, he is basically destroying our sovereignty. Is another 911 or worse in our future because of this?
      September 27, 2021 12:19 PM MDT

Yep let them in and did not even worry about covid testing or shots.  But we are expected to get 2 shots and a booster.  That alone proves it is not about the science. 
      September 27, 2021 12:30 PM MDT

I agree we should be making more products in America. I can't speak for anyone else but, I do research and try to buy American-made products, every chance I get. And, if need be, I'm more than willing to pay extra for these American-made products. :)
      September 25, 2021 11:12 AM MDT

• As if that's the only reason we cooperate with China. We also want their extremely lucrative market and we depend on their manufactured goods. There are many reasons we don't just invade them to save the Uyghurs. It would completely disrupt the world economy and our own. 

That is not me saying "we shouldn't do anything". That is me saying "the powers that be won't do anything". They value profit above all else and they could not handle the economic hit that breaking with China or taking military action against them would cause. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 23, 2021 2:08 PM MDT
      September 23, 2021 9:38 AM MDT