Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Do you ever think, fantasize, or dream about just packing up your life and moving to another city, state or country?

Do you ever think, fantasize, or dream about just packing up your life and moving to another city, state or country?

If so, is there a particular place you feel drawn to? 

Posted - October 1, 2021

Responses

Not since I moved to Vancouver Island - I have packed my life up 4X  until I found the place of my dreams. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      October 1, 2021 9:14 PM MDT

It's up there on my fantasy/dream list, for sure! 

I have limited options for packing up again (I've lived in many communities and several states), probably none would be better than the community I live in currently. I can't envision ever leaving the organization I work for, so no cross-country relocation for me. Also, I wouldn't want to significantly increase the distance from family. 

Lately I've been thinking about Boulder, CO a lot. 
      October 1, 2021 9:25 PM MDT

I've done it twice and will do it again in a few years.  I would go now but familial stuff keeps me here a few more years;  I am ready to leave and go where it's cooler, or at least has seasons. 
      October 1, 2021 9:29 PM MDT

Yes, familial and work stuff for me. I do have love for my community and we have 4 distinct seasons! 

I wish you all the best in you next move! I'm sure you will land where you're meant to be. 
      October 1, 2021 9:40 PM MDT

I did it, more than 30 years ago.
      October 1, 2021 9:39 PM MDT

Me, too! And then again and again several times. I might do it again, but not too terribly far. Unless something crazy happens, which it probably will. 

Are you where you're destined to be now? No fantasizing at all? 
      October 1, 2021 9:44 PM MDT

I’m going to be officially living with the person I’ve been in a relationship with for a while now in early November.  So at this very moment I’d like to run away to Alaska and hide out for the rest of my life lol.  I don’t know why I’ve been panicking for the past few days over this, but I am. I know it’s what I want and he’s my perfect person… but this weekend I’m panicking, so I think I’d like to go and hide in Alaska right now.  Alaska. 

October 1, 2021 9:44 PM MDT

Oh, wow! That's big time stuff, Jaimie! Excited for you. Kids every other weekend and stuff? No wonder you're freaking out! 

Sorry, just kidding. In all seriousness, if you KNOW he is your perfect person, you know it. Don't f it up by overthinking and panicking and hiding in Alaska. It's getting dark there, I think. Or maybe that's opposite, but still. You can't go without me, and I can't go right now! 

October 1, 2021 9:50 PM MDT

Thanks :) I’m not going to screw this up, I’m just going to go through my meltdowns this weekend while I have some time to myself. If I get really freaked out about mid October I’ll give you shout and see if  you’re available by then to move to Alaska with me. 

October 1, 2021 10:03 PM MDT

Good thinking! Do it while you have the chance. 

Sounds like a plan. You never know, I might need to skip town all the sudden. Hehe.
      October 1, 2021 10:06 PM MDT

Haha, we can Thelma and Louise it and ride if I go the sunset together.. or was it off a cliff? Anyway thanks for listening. If I end up deleting my answer here tomorrow it’s no offence against you. I always delete my meltdowns and personal comments online.. see, I even have commitment issues with my answers on this site. Gawd help me I'm doomed lol.  
      October 1, 2021 10:10 PM MDT

Hahahaha! 

You'll do fine. It's going to be great. 
      October 1, 2021 10:16 PM MDT

Well I hope you don't run away but if you do I think it  should be to the Yukon. It is just as cold as Alaska but because it is in Canada you won't have to  learn Imperial measurement or fit in by buying a hand gun to go to town with (they have open carry gun laws in Alaska). And there is better WiFi service in the Yukon. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      October 2, 2021 10:11 AM MDT

I was thinking if this person you have been in a relationship with is a guy that has a big truck and a farm then I think it just might be the life for you. So I posted the Green Acers lyrics you can also find the song on the net. Cheers and happy weekend!

Green Acres is the place to be.
    Farm livin' is the life for me.
    Land spreadin' out so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
    I get allergic smelling hay.
    I just adore a penthouse view.
    Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
    ...The stores.
    ...Fresh air.
    ...Times Square 

Green Acers we are there. This post was edited by Nanoose at October 2, 2021 8:21 PM MDT
      October 2, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

Um, a big trunk? Or did you mean to say 'truck'? :)

Cheers! 
      October 2, 2021 8:15 PM MDT

I certainly did mean truck - I am going to change it. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 2, 2021 8:21 PM MDT

Yeah. 

If Randy had typed that, I definitely wouldn't buy the typo excuse. Freudian slip, for sure. 

Hehe!

Cheers!
      October 2, 2021 8:26 PM MDT

I am so glad you caught it. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 2, 2021 8:34 PM MDT

Not so much anymore like years ago but when I get rich I'd like to buy a huge motorhome and find a quiet safe place near a shoreline to park. Needs to be somewhere nearby the city also.
      October 2, 2021 12:06 AM MDT

Yeah, I hear that. But I'd definitely have to do a trial before diving in. Not sure I'd do well as a full time nomad. Probably not. But it is a nice fantasy! 
      October 2, 2021 8:18 PM MDT

I lived in an ordinary van one time for about 2 years, I wouldn't do that again. Too cramped but I liked the freedom.
      October 2, 2021 9:05 PM MDT

Wow, that must have been quite an experience! I'll bet that kind of freedom is really something. Frightening, to me, though. 
      October 2, 2021 9:09 PM MDT

Yes, there was no building management people to worry about or next door neighbours to contend with and not even 'get off my lawn' kids around. Was a fairly isolated place in an industrial area. The van I lived in was not actually in operating condition, just a temporary housing. Police had checked me out and their attitude was that if that's the way I wanted to live, then fine with them.
      October 2, 2021 9:54 PM MDT

literally everyday. Toronto sucks 
      October 2, 2021 7:40 AM MDT