Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Was it really just one day in January?

Was it really just one day in January?

The other day Mike Pence said that the media is focused on one day in January and it is time that they move on. I think it was a day that was 5 years in the making starting with Trump saying that the only way he would except the 2016 election results is if he won. January 6th 2020  was a horrible day in American history and  I don't think the media should move on until they can report that the Government has taking steps to insure that a day like January 6th can never happen again. Cheers!

Posted - October 12, 2021

Responses

Considering that Mike Pence was on the docket for a lynching, you would think he would have a different opinion, but when you've had your cojones cut off, I guess this is what happens.
      October 12, 2021 9:53 AM MDT

Yeah and you would think that when Trump told Pence that if he didn't overture the election results they would no longer be friends Pence would of said - good with friends like you who needs enemies. Cheers!
      October 12, 2021 10:18 AM MDT

Clearly, Pence lacks self-esteem or he wouldn't be kissing Trump's derriere after all that has happened between them.
      October 12, 2021 10:24 AM MDT

Off topic but on another site there was the question - who would you like to get in a rap battle with. I picked Pence and started working on my rap here is what I have so far. Mike you have no rhymes that are sweet and tasty but your face sure is pasty. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at October 12, 2021 7:35 PM MDT
      October 12, 2021 10:37 AM MDT

Good start. :)
      October 12, 2021 2:11 PM MDT

A rap battle is all about getting in their head by saying something that bugs them so I am going to add this part. Hey Mike you think you are so sly just because during the debates you befriended a fly. Cheers!

October 12, 2021 3:37 PM MDT

LOL ...
      October 12, 2021 3:43 PM MDT

Hillary said the same thing in 2016..and never has excepted her loss. 
    She also told Biden never to concede. To take it to the courts.  
    Many Dems voted not to accept the results but got no support in the Senate in 2016.

Why is it ok for Dems to oppose election results but not for a Rep/Trump?

Why do you think Hillary never challenged any state's results? She knows the cheat happens every election and did not want to expose it.

I agree they need to find why it was allowed to happen.
    Why were people allowed in by Capital police?

Why were police removing gates, waving people forwards, opening magnetically locked doors, holding doors open for protesters?

Why did police take selfies and tell protesters they had every right to be inside the building as long as they remained peaceful?

Why were the NG not already present from the start? They were offered but declined. They were requested by the Chief of the Capital police but denied by the Sergeant of Arms of BOTH the House and the Senate. Who was their boss at the time? Pelosi and McConnell. 

Why was an unarmed woman shot through a door?
    Why did the police leave their post in front of that door just moments before the shooting?

Why do they continue to deny any BLM/Antifa members were there in the Capital?
    The man who filmed the shooting is a know BLM protester and very anti-Trump. His name is John Sullivan. He goes by JadenX on YouTube.  Why was he not arrested? 

Yes, we do need to investigate but I do not think these questions will be addressed by the Jan 6 committee. This post was edited by my2cents at October 15, 2021 9:50 AM MDT
      October 12, 2021 10:42 AM MDT

No one will admit it -- they're too embarrassed -- but  January 6 was all a celebration created by both Republicans and Democrats to celebrate National Cuddle Up Day.
      October 12, 2021 7:35 PM MDT

(This was intended as a joke- - January 6 is, indeed, National Cuddle Up Day.)

:) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 15, 2021 6:32 AM MDT
      October 13, 2021 9:02 PM MDT

It was Jan likely cold day....good for cuddling. :)
      October 15, 2021 6:33 AM MDT