Discussion » Questions » Music » Is there a song or songs you like by a band whose material you generally don't?

Is there a song or songs you like by a band whose material you generally don't?

Metallica generally don't do mellow, but my daughter wants this as her bridal waltz when the world goes back to normal and she and her fiance can finally get married - and it IS a waltz.

Posted - November 1, 2021

Responses

I love Metallica. I can play the rhythm guitar to this song. My Sr High class used this song for our May Fete dance. 

I am not a big Whitney fan but I do like this one:
      November 4, 2021 7:29 PM MDT

I find it cool that Dolly Parton wrote the song. I really like Houston but I also really like Parton and her original version a lot, too.  :)
      December 27, 2022 6:40 PM MST

"The A-team"      Ed Sheeran

The first song I ever heard from Ed Sheeran -- I LOVE it. And I pretty much detest everything I've since heard from him. This song is poignant strong -- I find most of his other works rather trite in comparison.

EDIT: Again, the excellent-to-me original music video for the song won't post. but here's an audio-only video for the song.

EDIT #2 :  Okay, I give up trying to post the song. I guess Sheeran does not want anyone to remember his only good song, ha.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 27, 2022 7:55 PM MST
      December 27, 2022 6:43 PM MST