Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Are you thankful for The Pointer Sisters?

Are you thankful for The Pointer Sisters?

I am. There is nothing I don't like from these sisters. 

One of their songs:
They were the very first all-female group to win a Grammy for "Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group" for their song "Fairytale."
Yes. a country song by The Pointer Sisters. They wrote the song and performed it. And the musicians backing them up on the song - - wonderful, also, to me.  If you haven't heard this, I hope you can listen from start to finish. And, yes, I know you still might like them or the song. :)

And only if you listen all the way through - - the strings come soaring in quietly at the 3:45 - 3:52 section and it always sent chills down this young teenager's body when he (I) first had first heard this song. I still am drawn to that moment.  :)

Thank you June, Anita, Ruth and Bonnie!!!

EDIT: Should have used "Music" category --  not everyone in the world has Thanksgiving as a holiday.  :)

Posted - November 25, 2021

Responses

Only when I Jump for the Neutron Dance.
      November 25, 2021 6:35 PM MST

YESSSSSS!!!  :)

Me, too! Ha! Thanks!  :)
      November 25, 2021 6:36 PM MST

Yes! 

Hugh Grant dancing to them in 'Love, Actually' is one of my favorite musical movie moments! 
      November 26, 2021 8:37 AM MST

Whoa! I never saw that movie (I think? -- If it was a romantic comedy, sometimes I forget their details and titles).

:)

If the Pointer Sisters are heard in the movie, I need to doublecheck about watching it, ha. :)

If you haven't heard their "Fairytale," I hope you get a chance to check it out. 
      November 26, 2021 7:43 PM MST

You'll love it. It is a romantic Christmas dramedy, or that's how I'd describe it. Great soundtrack and some really hot men (the love interest of Laura Linney is top 5 hottest ever, definitely!)... I'm telling you... YOU WILL LOVE IT and won't forget it! 

November 27, 2021 8:04 AM MST

I watched until I recognized the song.  :) Don't want to watch too much.
      November 27, 2021 6:29 PM MST

Oh FFS!!
      November 28, 2021 2:00 AM MST

Hey, F off! Scrooge! Grinch! 
      November 28, 2021 5:59 PM MST

I listened to the song. I wouldn't have thought it was the PS! Not my cup of tea musically, but it tells a good and all too familiar story! ;)

Thanks for sharing it. And watch "Love, Actually" this Christmas season! Seriously!! 
      November 27, 2021 8:14 AM MST

Thanks for listening. :)
    I don't in general like country music but I love this song. Granted, I first heard it when about 12 or 13 and they just helped me. The memories of just zoning into their albums was a good thing for me. It's a very good country song to me --  a good song in general.

I'll try to Actually look into this Love thing.  :)

November 27, 2021 6:28 PM MST

I might watch it now! First of the season, and I don't think I watched it at all last year, either! 

:)
      November 27, 2021 6:31 PM MST

Cool. Enjoy! :)

Time for me to go to bed. Early work day tomorrow.
      November 27, 2021 6:34 PM MST