Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » For those of you who have or have had the SiriusXM service, what are some of your overall impressions of it?

For those of you who have or have had the SiriusXM service, what are some of your overall impressions of it?

[They keep bombarding me with offers, and I’ve never seen compelling benefits to it. Maybe learning of some experiences that others have had will enlighten me somehow and/or somewhat.] 
~

Posted - January 14, 2022

Responses

I have had their service "free" a few times, when I have bought a used vehicle and the service wasn't turned off - or I had to use a leased vehicle with it.

My impression is that the service is very spotty.
    I guess they only have a couple satellites, and if the line-of-sight is blocked the signal degrades fast.
    So in cities with tall buildings, or at the base of hills, or even if there are trees blocking the signal - it cuts out.

I have also heard from people who were subscribers and wanted to quit.
    I guess Sirius has a long-running issue with not stopping subscriptions when asked, and continuing to take money from accounts.

January 14, 2022 8:02 AM MST

When I bought my current car, it came with 3 or 6 months Sirius for free.  I never once played that station.  Thereafter, I thought I was going to have to take them to court to get them to stop harassing me to sign up.
      January 14, 2022 8:31 AM MST

It's not to be taken Siriusly. But with Bluetooth, Sirius is kind of obsolete since you can just sync your phone to the car and play YouTube for free. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at January 14, 2022 8:52 PM MST
      January 14, 2022 9:05 AM MST

It is good for when you are traveling. You do not have to find a new station when you get out of the station reach.  With Sirus you don't have to change station unless you want to listen to a different type music/talk show.
      January 14, 2022 9:22 AM MST