Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do you think about Ron DeSantis getting angery at school kids for wearing masks?

What do you think about Ron DeSantis getting angery at school kids for wearing masks?

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis admonished a group of high school students for wearing face masks at an indoor news conference Wednesday, saying it was time to stop what he called COVID theatre. The school is located in an area where the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention still recommends indoor masking due to high COVID-19 risk. Seems like the anti mask people say it is their right  not to wear a mask but they have little tolerance for the people who wear masks. I added a link to more info about it but suggest you watch the video about it because it shows how sh**y he got with the students. Cheers and happy weekend!

https://globalnews.ca/news/8656656/ron-desantis-mask-video-kids/

Posted - March 5, 2022

Responses

I guess he doesn't believe in freedom of expression. How many votes will he lose?
      March 5, 2022 10:57 AM MST

He does believe in freedom of expression but it is a one sided freedom of expression . I think he is going to lose a lot of votes along with a few other republican politicians demanding that it has to be their way or the highway. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 5, 2022 11:05 AM MST

He told them the truth. The masks are theater.  They do not stop any virus from spreading.  Even the N95 mask says on the box ot doesn't not stop viruses. 

That said he take them off...but if you want to wear them.  He gave them the option to make their own decision.  
      March 5, 2022 7:22 PM MST

When he first approached the podium and noticed the students  wearing the masks he angrily demanded they take them off. He didn't  tell them it was their choice until a minute or so later and it was after he went on his political theater rant. The event was captured on video and it shows that's exactly how it happened. Cheers!  
      March 6, 2022 10:05 AM MST

I watched the video.  He was fine. Yes, he is angry about the covid theatre.....masks do nothing.      But he did say wear it if you want but you do not have to. (Not a minute or so later....it is a less than 30 sec soundbite) This post was edited by my2cents at March 6, 2022 3:55 PM MST
      March 6, 2022 3:54 PM MST