Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » What was the hardest job you had to do while hungover?

What was the hardest job you had to do while hungover?

Back when I was young and stupid I worked in a underground  mine and I would often go to work hungover. Once I neglected to open the ore chute door and singled the train to come through and dump it's ore. Then I had to dig 5 tons of ore away from the train and off of the ore chute door while hungover. Cheers!

Posted - March 13, 2022

Responses

One Sunday morning after a party the night before, I found myself playing a hymn in E minor in flats.  This post was edited by Malizz at March 13, 2022 8:16 PM MDT
      March 13, 2022 2:38 PM MDT

The morning after a bit of partying myself and another ship's diver were assigned to dress up in our wetsuits to go down and get a poker gauge reading on the tail shaft bearing of the ship. This was in the Richelieu River at Sorel Quebec where there is a 3 knot current and the water is so muddy you can't see your hand in front of your face from a foot away. Normally this job should only take about 15 - 20 minutes but we were slightly disoriented by the current of the river, the blackness of the water and a little bit hung over. After getting our reading we mistakenly headed down to the river bed instead of going up. We had he terrifying thought that we might have come underneath one of the piers but finally did get properly oriented and I never been so glad to see the light of day again.
    We were tied together with a lifeline so not to lose track of each other. There SHOULD HAVE been a lifeline from us to a dive tender on the surface as well. This post was edited by Kittigate at March 13, 2022 7:21 PM MDT
      March 13, 2022 7:15 PM MDT

Why was there no life line to the surface - was it you guys that neglected to have one? Cheers!
      March 13, 2022 7:33 PM MDT

Nobody did any planning for the dive because we got such short last minute notice that the dive was necessary. The ship was built in Sorel  and we were due to go out on sea trials shortly and measuring wear on the tail shaft bearing was one of the things we had to do at regular intervals. We did get things better organized for our next dives anyway.
      March 13, 2022 7:44 PM MDT

Housekeeping at a nursing home.
      March 14, 2022 6:58 AM MDT