Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever saved a life?

Have you ever saved a life?

Posted - April 23, 2022

Responses

I saved someone from drowning. Oh, I forgot; I also saved two people with the Heimlich maneuver, one of them was myself another was a female in a restaurant. She was choking on lettuce, I had a mento lodged in the back of my throat while driving a car.  By the time I was able to pull the car over there was no time to go get help. What is strange is no one even noticed, life just went on as usual. I just had gone through a life or death moment and the rest of the world didn't even see my struggle.   This post was edited by Honey Dew at April 25, 2022 4:46 AM MDT
      April 23, 2022 5:03 PM MDT

Possibly. I called the fire department even though my neighbor said she didn't know why her smoke detector went off and she was shutting it off and going to bed. There was actually a smoldering fire in her trash can. 

April 23, 2022 7:25 PM MDT

Taken part in same, as a volunteer fire-fighter.
      April 24, 2022 4:51 AM MDT

I saved my own life one time. 3 of us kids were wading in an old gravel pit, none of us could swim. Then I stepped into a hole where the water was probably just up to my nose but I began to panic, trying to push down on the water so I could get a breath of air. Then kind of suddenly I just relaxed and let myself sink to the bottom and simply just tiptoed out of the hole. Scaree!
      April 24, 2022 8:42 AM MDT

Very scary!
      April 24, 2022 9:52 AM MDT

• I had to use the Heimlich Manoeuvre on a passenger who was choking. Another time, I had to use CPR on a passenger. Once I heard a thud come from my neighbor's apartment. He didn't answer me so I called 911. He fell and he had a concussion.
      April 25, 2022 1:14 AM MDT

when my brother was a few years old I saved him from a rip tide. It was in very shallow water so it wasn't hard for me to wade but it sucked him right down 
      April 18, 2023 11:23 PM MDT