Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you remember when bacon was cheap?

Do you remember when bacon was cheap?

Posted - May 7, 2022

Responses

Thanks, SavvyAnsley.  :)   A special thanks for your concluding thoughts about my being brave to share my thoughts.  :)

Though I enjoy rain, it's not even so much the rain, I guess. I like rain. But it's especially the overcast and cloudy skies I especially like. 
    And tonight I awoke from a sleep and I'm up in the middle of the night because  now the weather is so lovingly more warm. I'm supposed to like this weather. (I sleep best in cool or colder night temperatures.)
    Humankind and weather forecasters keep saying a "beautiful" week we're having.
    When did humankind and weather forecasters declare for us to embrace only warm, cloudless, blue sky sunny weather as the only beautiful kind of weather?

I know I'm being belligerent.

And I've tried to approach my take on weather like you mention - it's simply my personal preference. And other people choose to prefer sunny weather. But I've never, ever, heard a weather forecaster say, "We still have five days of gloomy dismal cloudless days of sun and warm temperatures but by Saturday  the beautiful cloudy overcast and cooler weather will be back, perhaps even with some nice gentle rain. Hang in there." Yet, I often hear the same things said about the weather in reverse use of those words.

Now let's all, finally, get our there and enjoy these beautiful sunny days.

Take a chill pill, Welby. Yup. Ha!  :)

And are there bacon chocolate milk shakes out there somewhere yet? Limited edition Bacon Oreo cookies? Limited edition Bacon Mountain Dew?
    ;)

And then my second-guessing will probably kick in at some point after posting my thoughts. Mr. OverThinking WelbyQ.   ;)  How dare I think in this way about weather.

My goal is now to get back to sleep. We'll see.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 11, 2022 8:37 PM MDT
      May 11, 2022 1:15 AM MDT

I'm def with you on cooler temps! TGFA/C (thank God for A/C)! 

I think the "bacon everything" fad is definitely sponsored by the pork council!
      May 11, 2022 4:55 PM MDT

:)
    :)
      May 11, 2022 8:32 PM MDT

You know, I have the perfect remedy for women who don’t like to be in wet clothing. Step inside here with me and I’ll have you out of that problem in no time. (Cough, cough.)

~

May 11, 2022 9:00 PM MDT

Yes,  I clearly remember it being under $1/lb...Oscar Meyer. 
      May 7, 2022 9:47 PM MDT

Either I'm not old enough, or it never really has been in Australia. As a kid, we ate it rarely, it was a "treat". Same as a young father, it was too expensive to get regularly. As a percentage of my income, it's actually cheaper now.
      May 7, 2022 10:32 PM MDT

I have no recollection of the price of bacon because I don't think I've bought it in the past 15 years.  Any time I've eaten it during that time has been in someone else's home or ordered a BLT at a deli and it's probably been 10 years since I've done that.  
      May 8, 2022 12:36 PM MDT

I don't remember it being cheap, but when I ate/bought it, it was high-end, I guess. 

How much is it now? I think it was $5/lb or so when I last bought it. 

May 10, 2022 8:20 PM MDT

I think it’s more expensive because lately farmers have been raising gene-edited pigs.  The bacon from them comes out crispr that way.

This post was edited by Livvie at May 12, 2022 6:13 PM MDT
      May 11, 2022 8:48 PM MDT

(crispr crisper)

May 11, 2022 9:02 PM MDT

If I change it, then my really bad pun that you didn’t get wouldn’t work.

May 12, 2022 7:25 AM MDT

If you thought you’d be punking out the Pun King (Slartibartfast) to overtake his throne and become the Pun Queen, take some advice from the Ran-Man: stick to being the Queenpin of crime. It’s what you know best.
    ~

May 12, 2022 7:42 AM MDT