Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » If Putin's desperation at humiliating himself war-wise continues will nuclear war be the result? Will anyone be left on the planet?

If Putin's desperation at humiliating himself war-wise continues will nuclear war be the result? Will anyone be left on the planet?

Posted - May 9, 2022

Responses

We certainly hope not. Good to see you back. Are you OK?
      May 9, 2022 7:19 AM MDT

I got an email from Rosie two days ago.  She was somehow able to get back to post questions in her corner, but was not able to respond to any comments made.  She is fine,, Jim has some health issues that they're dealing with, but both are in good spirits.
      May 11, 2022 8:53 PM MDT

Hey really  glad to see you back. I don't think there will be a nuclear war because Donald Trump's Space Force will save us all (I became a Trump supporter since you left). Just joking I still think he stinks. If there is a nuclear war there might be a few people left on the planet but life will be so miserable it won't be worth living. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at May 9, 2022 9:43 AM MDT
      May 9, 2022 8:22 AM MDT

I hope his humiliation at making such a big mistake as he has does not result in a nuclear war.  I would also hope that people in his inner circle would prevent him from going that far, just as I hoped that cooler heads in our government prevented Trump from doing some of the things we are now learning he wanted to do.  

Welcome back, Rosie.  Good to see you here.
      May 9, 2022 8:23 AM MDT

I have been reading about how Mark Esper and some of the generals talked Trump out of doing some crazy things thank heavens for them. Cheers!
      May 9, 2022 12:42 PM MDT

If you can watch last night's program of 60 Minutes, Esper was on and was telling about some of the things that Trump wanted to do.  It will make the hair stand out on your neck.
      May 9, 2022 3:14 PM MDT

I did watch it and it did make me shake my head in disbelief that a leader of a democratic country would suggest things like that. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at May 11, 2022 2:53 PM MDT
      May 9, 2022 4:36 PM MDT

He's no leader - he's a thug.  
      May 9, 2022 6:16 PM MDT

Wait...who are we talking about?
      May 11, 2022 2:54 PM MDT

Trump is a thug.
      May 11, 2022 3:15 PM MDT

There are many in Russia who oppose the war.  I think he will be assassinated by high ranking officials in his inner circle.  13 of his top generals have died in this war so far.  The remaining are not going to sacrifice their lives for nothing unless they are truly deceived which I doubt.  

If China gets involved everything will change for the worse. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at May 11, 2022 2:54 PM MDT
      May 9, 2022 12:33 PM MDT

I've given this answer to a similar question, but it bears repeating:
    Unlike His Royal Orangeness who was and is a craven coward, Tsar Vlad has gonads of titanium steel - but he's not sufficiently self-deluded to believe he can win a nuclear war.
    If he were to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, he just might have sufficient hubris to push the button as a kind of "après moi, le déluge" gesture, but in that case, I'd hold out hope that the Russian system has similar safeguards built into it that the American system has.
      May 11, 2022 11:22 AM MDT

I don't think so, and we can all hope and pray it never happens.#

Would anyone be left after an all-out thermonuclear World War III?

Oh of course there would. I'd think most of the world's population would survive, though in what sort of world is anyone's guess, or nightmare.

The Russian president can't launch any weapons himself, only order their use; but the question is whether his generals would obey such an order or refuse.

It is alarming though that the Russian Federation is still developing inter-continental ballistic missiles, that can carry multiple warheads either nuclear or high-explosive. They tested one recently, launched from and landing in Russian territory - they did follow the international agreement to tell NATO in advance.
      May 11, 2022 3:35 PM MDT