Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Which business entity incessantly sends you more email messages than you really care to receive?

Which business entity incessantly sends you more email messages than you really care to receive?

AN EXPLANATION: I’m not referring to those which you can simply opt out of or have opted out of; this is more akin to an ongoing consumer relationship that you don’t want to sever completely, or you do need certain email messages from them, yet you receive more than you’d like to overall. 

This was inspired by a company I patronize that, like many others, offers discounts for customer loyalty, so they use membership data that includes the requirement for customers to provide them with an email address. I enjoy the sporadic discounts that I am eligible for, but they announce many of them in a week’s time, generating many messages. I think I’ve only needed them every couple of months. It is an auto parts and services company.

Which business entity incessantly sends you more email messages than you really care to receive?
~

Posted - May 18, 2022

Responses

If a political party can be considered a business entity, then it's Clive Palmer's United Australia Party. Palmer is Australia's Trump. I can't even block him.
      May 19, 2022 5:53 AM MDT

Did you give them your email address?
    ~

May 19, 2022 7:52 AM MDT

No I didn't. Blanket spamming. They do it with SMS messages as well. Private number so it can't be blocked.
      May 19, 2022 4:01 PM MDT

I see. 

~

May 19, 2022 6:10 PM MDT

Groupon.
      May 19, 2022 7:51 AM MDT

Unknown senders who state at the bottom of their email it is possible to unsubscribe.  Upon clicking that option they ask of your email which tells me they don't have it and it is spam.  However I feel if I state my email to them that acknowledges and gives me an unwanted connection.  Not sure if I'm right but that seems to make sense. 
      May 19, 2022 6:26 PM MDT

You’re right to be wary of providing your email address to yet another rabbit hole.  Don’t go there.

~

May 20, 2022 7:08 AM MDT

ok, thank you. 
      May 20, 2022 7:39 AM MDT

Financial/insurance company comes to mind.

Target totally freaks out if 7 days passes without a visit from me. Someone needs to teach them about playing a little hard to get and that desperation is not attractive. 
      May 19, 2022 7:11 PM MDT

Hey, wait! Is that a veiled reference? Grrrrrrr. 

~

May 20, 2022 7:09 AM MDT

Hehehe! 

No, it really wasn't. But now that you mention it...

May 20, 2022 6:48 PM MDT

Michaels Craft stores.  I shop there frequently for yarn.  I get 3-6 emails a day from them both at work and at home.  Normally, I wouldn't care, but lately, I suspect because of supply chain issues, I find they advertise products they don't actually have in stock.  If I want a particular item, too often I get "not sold in stores, not sold on line, out of stock," etc.  If you don't have the item, don't advertise it for sale, you only make people more irritated.  Giving me a 20% off coupon for merchandise you don't have is like giving away ice in the winter.
      May 20, 2022 8:20 AM MDT

From the mail app-the President stuff, other mails containing surveys, something like conartist scam advertisement, etc.
      May 20, 2022 7:48 PM MDT