Discussion » Questions » Names » Coast. Hand. Man. Eye. Face. Wall. Paycheck.

Coast. Hand. Man. Eye. Face. Wall. Paycheck.

Clue or key: the word “to”.
~

Posted - June 1, 2022

Responses

An explanation would be handy.
      June 1, 2022 11:10 AM MDT

I thought it was just me that found this lacking.  
      June 1, 2022 11:45 AM MDT

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you. Only Danilo G, Welby Quentin, and bevo got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Each of the examples I listed can be found in common phrases that consist of the word sandwiched around the word “to”.

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

So here’s the real challenge that I thought people would pick up on : besides those in the examples, what are some other phrases that follow that exact same pattern, but only using the word “to” in the middle? Note, you may use phrases that include or do not include hyphens in between the words, because depending on usage or context, hyphens may or may not be appropriate.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 3, 2022 8:18 PM MDT
      June 2, 2022 7:39 AM MDT

Man.  Eye.  Beach.  Wife.  Eye.  Knife.  Celibacy.
      June 1, 2022 12:12 PM MDT

I see where you went with this: you used a correlation pattern theory. See below. 

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you. Only Danilo G, Welby Quentin, and bevo got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Each of the examples I listed can be found in common phrases that consist of the word sandwiched around the word “to”.

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

So here’s the real challenge that I thought people would pick up on : besides those in the examples, what are some other phrases that follow that exact same pattern, but only using the word “to” in the middle? Note, you may use phrases that include or do not include hyphens in between the words, because depending on usage or context, hyphens may or may not be appropriate.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 3, 2022 8:18 PM MDT
      June 2, 2022 7:40 AM MDT

Seriously?  You actually thought that WE would pick up on something???   Clearly you don't know your audience.
      June 2, 2022 12:04 PM MDT

But you’re all so intelligent!

Oh, wait. Perhaps I was a bit too hasty in offering my praise. Grrrrrrr.

~

June 2, 2022 12:45 PM MDT

Seems like nonsense.
      June 1, 2022 1:02 PM MDT

That’s fair.

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you. Only Danilo G, Welby Quentin, and bevo got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

So here’s the real challenge that I thought people would pick up on : besides those in the examples, what are some other phrases that follow that exact same pattern, but only using the word “to” in the middle? Note, you may use phrases that include or do not include hyphens in between the words, because depending on usage or context, hyphens may or may not be appropriate.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 3, 2022 8:19 PM MDT
      June 2, 2022 7:41 AM MDT

Side.
      June 1, 2022 2:00 PM MDT

Yes, you had the right idea.

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you. Only you, Welby Quentin, and bevo got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

~

June 2, 2022 7:42 AM MDT

Time.  Back.  Person.  Day.  Shower.  Sister.  End.  
      June 1, 2022 2:13 PM MDT

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you. Only you, Danilo G and Welby Quentin got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

~

June 2, 2022 7:43 AM MDT

Um, yes, I thought it fairly obvious, just like in the examples I gave...

Time.  Back.  Person.  Day.  Shower.  Sister.  End.  

(From) time to time
    (Standing) back to back
    Person to person (call)
    Day to day (expenses) 
    Shower To Shower (a popular brand of body powder)
    Sister To Sister (a nonprofit foundation)
    (Laying) end to end

What exactly did I do wrong?

June 2, 2022 3:29 PM MDT

I erred in writing that only one person got it, and you are definitely one of the others who did.
    ~

June 2, 2022 4:19 PM MDT

Cheek 

June 1, 2022 5:26 PM MDT

Close. 

Of all of the responses so far, you are the first third person who gets it.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 2, 2022 4:26 PM MDT
      June 1, 2022 6:20 PM MDT

Wow!  :)
      June 1, 2022 6:21 PM MDT

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you.
    Only you, Danilo G, and bevo got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 3, 2022 8:20 PM MDT
      June 2, 2022 7:43 AM MDT

Are those the words from your cognitive test?
      June 1, 2022 5:49 PM MDT

EXPLANATION:

It truly surprised me that this was so difficult to decipher for so many of you.
    Only Danilo G, Welby Quentin, and bevo got it. I am divulging here the rest of the story. 

Coast to coast.

Hand to hand.

Man to man.

Eye to eye.

Face to face.

Wall to wall.

Paycheck to paycheck.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at June 3, 2022 8:20 PM MDT
      June 2, 2022 7:44 AM MDT

Just because I  gave a smart-alec answer doesn't  mean I didn't know what you were asking. I saw that there were already correct answers, I  thought I'd change it up.
      June 2, 2022 8:24 AM MDT

Oh, thank you. I did not realize that you knew.
    ~

June 2, 2022 8:28 AM MDT

Week.
    Head.
      June 2, 2022 6:03 PM MDT