Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do think about this Jan. 6th commity strategy?

What do think about this Jan. 6th commity strategy?

The Jan. 6th committee plans to use its Thursday night hearing to call out insurrection-friendly lawmakers who cowered during the Capitol attack but have since downplayed the insurrection’s severity. They have plans to paint a really striking picture of how some of Trump’s greatest enablers of his coup plot were — no matter what they’re saying today — quaking in their boots and doing everything shy of crying out for their moms. When Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga) claimed the insurrection was a normal tourist visit social media users quickly located photos of the Georgia Republican gasping in terror and hiding behind an armed Capitol police officer pointing a handgun at a barricaded entrance to the Senate floor. I think it is a good strategy and it will open the eyes of a lot of Americans. Cheers!

Posted - July 20, 2022

Responses

I'm really glad they are televising this hearing at an hour that I can watch.  the others were in the middle of the day on days that I had to go into the office.  I'm anxious to watch and see what happens.
      July 20, 2022 9:58 PM MDT

Yeah it is going to be a real interesting tomorrow. Got a feeling they are going to announce they are going to recommend  charges against Trump to the DOJ. Cheers!
      July 20, 2022 10:08 PM MDT

I certainly hope so because I would think they have enough testimony now to bring charges.
      July 21, 2022 6:21 AM MDT

I think it is highly likely that they will prove he was derelict in his duty to protect the US Congress and he will be charged and convicted for it. Today they will show photos and videos of him sitting around watching the riot and I bet they will show a delight look on his face which will sicken most Americans and keep him from ever getting near the WH again. Cheers!
      July 21, 2022 7:24 AM MDT

They also have outtakes from the video message he finally put out. They show the difficulties he had in choosing what to say.
      July 21, 2022 9:16 AM MDT

Yeah I have seen the message he put out it was more like a love letter to his supporters. How hard could it be to choose what to say after watching rioters chanting things like hang Mike Pence. A short message within minutes of the riot breaking out  like - for Gods sake please stop. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 22, 2022 5:59 AM MDT
      July 21, 2022 9:26 AM MDT

Personally, I believe they already have sufficient evidence to indict him, but I fear that the justice department will fail to do so on the grounds that it would not be good for the country for a former president to be criminally convicted.  I say, he's a criminal, convict him - ex-president or not.
      July 21, 2022 10:45 AM MDT

I think it would be worse for America to let him get away with it. Cheers!
      July 21, 2022 11:10 AM MDT

That would be my opinion, but I'm guessing that much like Nixon, Ford was happy to leave it where it was and allow the country to heal and move on.  Of course, Nixon's criminality pales in comparison to what Trump did and continues to try to do and the country was not nearly as divided back then.
      July 21, 2022 3:03 PM MDT

I just read that well the Capital riot was raging on Melania Trump was conducting a photo-shoot for a new rug for the White House residence and when her then chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham, asked if she wanted to tweet condemning the attack, Melania responded curtly: “No.”. I think that points out that in her head they were going to remain in the WH. People usally don't pick out new rugs for their room when they know they will be moving in a few weeks. Cheers!
      July 21, 2022 9:02 AM MDT

She and Donald deserve each other.  The only difference between them is that at least she is concerned for Barron and he appears not to care at all.
      July 21, 2022 10:43 AM MDT

Don't hold your breath on charges.  

Have they asked those questions we discussed? 

1. Why police let people in? 
    2. Why police simply left the doors in front of the chamber just before the shooting of an unarmed female protester?
    3. Why was requests and offers of the National Guard denied and refused? 
    4. Why did capital police throw flash grenades into a crowd of peaceful protesters outside of the Capitol?
    5. Why was a confirmed and know member of antifa working with a CNN reporter on Jan 6 inside the Capitol? And what did he mean when he told the lady reporter "we did it." "I could not tell you before but we did this."?
      July 21, 2022 6:46 AM MDT

Oh, please. Stop deflecting. All your points are debunked or explained and as I see it, are not within the scope of the investigation. I know better than to expect that you would check multiple sources or actually watch the hearings to form your own opinions. Or to even stop bringing out these tired old Trumpist talking points. There are plenty of ways you could answer those questions with a little effort on your part, but it might burst your safe little bubble.
      July 21, 2022 9:36 AM MDT

It wouldn't matter how much evidence you could show that these questions have nothing to do with what Trump incited.  When you don't want to accept the truth, you will find any and every untruth to support your own opinions.
      July 21, 2022 10:47 AM MDT

I know, that's why I'm not bothering to post the evidence. The problem is that once an inaccurate or slanted news story is published, or a video is made to look like something it isn't,  certain so-called news outlets just ignore anything that doesn't support their version. A person has to want to learn the truth and some people just don't. Some of those things happened, some for a reason, and some did not happen. By ignoring the hearings and calling them propaganda, some people can stay smug and certain that it is all a political plot against their hero. 
      July 21, 2022 5:25 PM MDT

I was going to say that I can't understand how any intelligent person could watch the hearings, especially tonight's offerings, and not come to the conclusion that Trump was the Inciter in Chief, that he has no moral center, that he can't bring himself to speak truth and then I realized that the fly in the ointment is my characterization of "intelligent" people.
      July 21, 2022 9:21 PM MDT

They can watch, but will claim they are biased or fake or in some way propaganda. A video is only considered proof when it supports their beliefs,  no matter how misleading, mischaracterized or out of context it might be. 
      July 21, 2022 9:43 PM MDT

I watched the entire hearing and I was mesmerized.  The Committee has done a fine job of introducing testimony and then showing the supporting proof.  The truly incredible part is that all of the testimony is coming from Republicans close to or in Trump's administration.  

This morning, there was a report from Axios about what Trump plans to do should he be re-elected that absolutely gave me chills.  For those of you who don't like to open links, this is it:  

"

Former President Trump's top allies are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, Axios' Jonathan Swan writes in a new series, "Inside Trump '25."

• They want to purge potentially thousands of civil servants, and fill career posts with loyalists to him and his "America First" ideology.

Why it matters: The preparations are far more advanced and ambitious than previously reported. What is happening now is an inversion of the slapdash and virtually non-existent infrastructure surrounding Trump ahead of his 2017 presidential transition.

The impact could go well beyond typical conservative targets like the EPA and IRS:

• Trump allies are working on plans that would potentially strip layers at the Justice Department — including the FBI, and reaching into national security, intelligence, the State Department and the Pentagon, sources close to the former president say.
    • Trump's groups are operating on multiple fronts: shaping policies, identifying top lieutenants, curating an alternative labor force of unprecedented scale and preparing for legal challenges and defenses that might go before Trump-friendly judges, all the way to a 6-3 Supreme Court.

???? This is a major series — in the style of "Off the Rails," our online and podcast series about Trump's final days in office — that Swan has been working on for months. Axios is running it at great length because of the depth of the reporting and importance of the subject matter.

• The two-part series, today and tomorrow, goes deep into the infrastructure preparing an administration-in-waiting for Trump. It reveals key players, the legal strategy and the extensive personnel vetting — with loyalty as the key criteria for Trump.
    • Tomorrow's episode pulls back the curtain on that vetting process — how a radically different mindset took hold in 2020, and has continued in exile as Trump's top allies have worked to build a better machine.

???? Swan's key reporting about the scope and seriousness of the effort:

Trump remains distracted by his obsession with contesting the 2020 election results. But he has endorsed the work of several groups to prime a second administration. Personnel and action plans would be executed in the first 100 days of a second term starting Jan. 20, 2025.

• Their work could accelerate controversial policy and enforcement changes — but also enable revenge tours against real or perceived enemies, and potentially insulate the president and allies from investigation or prosecution.

The heart of Trump's new plans derives from an executive order, "Schedule F," developed and refined in secret over most of the second half of Trump's term, and launched 13 days before the 2020 election.

• Trump insiders intend to stack thousands of mid-level staff jobs. Well-funded groups are already developing lists of candidates selected often for their animus against the system — in line with Trump's long-running obsession with draining "the swamp." This includes building extensive databases of people vetted as being committed to Trump and his agenda.

The bottom line: This isn't a bunch of fringe characters blowing hot air. It's well-funded groups run by former top Trump administration officials, working with Trump’s blessing — and, in some cases, direct financial support.

July 22, 2022 8:30 AM MDT

That sounds pretty horrible to me - hope Trump never gets in office again. Cheers!
      July 22, 2022 8:49 AM MDT

He doesn't have to, they can install a puppet president and he can pull the strings.
      July 22, 2022 9:48 AM MDT

We have weathered many storms and come out of them, but this strikes at the heart of our democracy.  Without that, we will cease to be America as we know it.
      July 22, 2022 10:09 AM MDT

Well America is not going to lose its democracy on my watch. After watching the hearings I decided to take the gloves off and I will now be hitting Trump with low blow jokes that will show Americans what a goof/monster he is. Cheers!
      July 22, 2022 10:29 AM MDT

It is stomach-turning, but not a complete surprise. I used to wonder how some countries allowed dictator to take over and now we are witnessing a viable attempt.
      July 22, 2022 9:46 AM MDT

I'm not sure they "allowed" a dictator to take over.  I think they were duped into thinking that person could cure all their ills, so they went along with it.  I think people need to take this very seriously.  Those of us who realize what Trump is capable of doing may well be looking for another country in which to live because this one will not longer work for us.
      July 22, 2022 10:14 AM MDT