bevo
Element 99
Echooos
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Is it possible for you to quit SSI and get a good full time job but you can't because you're still too fuggin' ___________?

Is it possible for you to quit SSI and get a good full time job but you can't because you're still too fuggin' ___________?

Posted - August 5

• 42158
    Lazy? My dead brother. Free housing, phone, health care and some money. All on our dime.
      August 5, 2022 9:14 AM MDT
    1

• 1161
    Do you want to look at it like that!? Do you want to look at it like that!? What about being purely traumatized and don't want a repeat performance? How about society made me pay enough of a due too young? I learned too much too fast and I express! You just work under American corporatism to screw people over! Pushy arrogant dumb bidgy control freak! I walk into to get my glasses fixed. One dude does it for five bucks and the other asks 50 dollars just because I don't look like corporate and greedy Americana and don't like rich people.
    And, what about my dead radical activist sister who said Work! Ugh! She was traumatized too. How about the other who employed me through others and said a bunch is schumbags. How about being treated like a prisoner in a work environment by another? How about the other either who walks out on employers like I do in a surprising parallel to me. How about making bad Irish jokes at me? See ya! My whole family hates corporate people! All I want is my under a thousand a month. Screw money! I don't play the game. Not a numbers guy anyways. All my mind is mess up words like a smear across my whole mind actually enacted by a work counsellor! She goes people can only dream about the what I know after tests. I get blamed for being called Socialist out of the blue by Conservative Christians! One of them thinks it okay to hit kids growing up at all! This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 5, 2022 10:34 AM MDT
      August 5, 2022 9:53 AM MDT
    1

• 42158
    I was only talking about my brother. He could have had a good life when he joined the Marines as a young pup. Instead he chose a life of crime, and when he became a felon, he considered his life was done, and acted like it was. His choices, but he blamed it on others.
      August 5, 2022 10:32 AM MDT
    1

• 1161
    All my brother and sister never ever ever spent a day in jail except for protesting war and apartheid. None of them ever did a damn thing underhand and I was the black sheep for shoplifting once. Alcohol and drugs twist things and are the devil. No. Just alcohol and cigarettes. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 5, 2022 10:37 AM MDT
      August 5, 2022 10:36 AM MDT
    1

• 11404
    I work. I am not on SSI.
      August 5, 2022 9:30 AM MDT
    3

• 42158
    Work...interesting concept.
      August 5, 2022 9:41 AM MDT
    4

• 29726
    Yes, if you get a job make sure that you report it to the SS Department. They have a program for people who want to try and get/keep a job.  You will have to report your earnings and hours worked.  They may deduct some from your SSI check.  
      August 5, 2022 10:15 AM MDT
    1

• 1161
    I had people talk me right out of that and said it sucks and could even lose my SSI. Trapped environment by comments. I am employed by an employer who was my payer. Now, they let me have my own money and I still work 20 hours a week under the arrangement you stipulated. He goes that's great and less stress on his struggling being. Beat up simple Irish. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 5, 2022 10:36 AM MDT
      August 5, 2022 10:29 AM MDT
    2

• 29726
    If it shows where you are able to get and keep a long term job, (one that pays more than SSI) yes, they will transition you off of SSI because you are able to work.  Which is a good thing.  Working you are not subject to SSI asset limitations.  And could even cause you to receive a larger SS check (rather than an SSI check) when you reach retirement age. And that would not be subject to asset limitations.    

But by going through the program, I believe even if they pause the SSI check because of income,  it can be restarted quicker if it turns out you are not able to keep up with the job. 
      August 5, 2022 10:42 AM MDT
    1

• 1161
    This all got dissed and I want the devil I know and my music concerts and chess. My best friend who is 33 years younger than me and worked at Staples and they fired him because he was too earnest to help and he rambles on about his abuse.
    No. It is not easy to get back on SSDI! Since 33, I have had SSI for 29 years already. I would end up with people who live full-time on the street and I would get torn apart by rival interests. Living in the library, playing chess, reading, going back to the shelter with other GUYS who do all those ugly habits I DETEST! I also get 450 dollars a month in retirement money because I made 16000 A year for 5 years. I loved Labor Ready and met people who invited me over including black people.
    Mood disturbance, dysthemia, peculiar upper cortical functions, social and physical anxiety. As a matter of fact, anxiety is my complete diagnosis now and they told me it was physical and didn't even interview me in person. I just took the test. I probably started altering my brain at 10. SSI cut my payments in half because of Retirement. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at August 5, 2022 3:18 PM MDT
      August 5, 2022 11:04 AM MDT
    1