Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » When my Grandchildren are older should I tell them any of these stories about their Grandmother.

When my Grandchildren are older should I tell them any of these stories about their Grandmother.

Story # 1: How I met and fell for their Grandmother.

I met my wife at a K-Mart store that we both worked at. One Friday she asked me what I was doing for the weekend and I told her I would probably be parting at the Seminal House (a dive bar). She showed up at that bar on Saturday - sat down with me and bought us 2 draft beers each. When she excused her self to go to the washroom I watched her walk away and I thought hubba hubba  because it was the first time I saw her not wearing a baggy fitting K-Mart uniform. Then my attention turned to her draft beers and I took a couple of gulps out of each of her glasses. When she got back to the table she pretended not to notice that I had drunk some of her beer and I thought hey this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. Cheers!

(should add that my wife is still in the hospital and I am still hoping she will make a miraculous recovery and come home to me)

Posted - September 26, 2022

Responses

That is absolutely a story worth sharing :) 

So she realized you had drunk her beer (from both glasses, I presume, so the difference would be less noticeable) and chose not to say anything about it?
      September 26, 2022 1:26 PM MDT

Well I took some pretty big gulps from each of her glasses and she had only taking a few sips from one of her beers so I am pretty sure she noticed. Cheers!
      September 26, 2022 1:57 PM MDT

You should absolutely tell your grandchildren that story and every other story showing the love and kindness she had for you and your children.  I hope your miracle appears.  
      September 26, 2022 2:22 PM MDT

Yeah but I will probably leave the hubba hubba part out of the story because the Grandkids think I'm like a Saint and I don't want to shatter that illusion. As far as the miracle goes I am mostly putting my faith in medical science. She is getting some very good care by doctors and nurses at a hospital that is filled with equipment that can save life's so I got my fingers crossed. Cheers! 
      September 26, 2022 5:51 PM MDT

Well, when the grandkids are old enough, you can tell them about the hubba hubba part.  I certainly hope that your wife gets better and comes home to you.
      September 28, 2022 5:58 AM MDT

A kind and caring "ditto" from me for Danilo_G's and Spunky's answers.

:)
      September 26, 2022 2:38 PM MDT

Thank you. Cheers!
      September 26, 2022 5:58 PM MDT

Of course you should.  These stories are the spice of families, and sometimes get passed down through the generations.  To withhold it would be a great loss. 
      September 26, 2022 4:29 PM MDT

Yeah it certainly would be a loss so  I will tell the Grandkids lots of stories about their Grandma. And maybe some day they will tell the stories to their kids and add that their great Grandpa used words like hubba hubba and he probably had a zoot suit. Cheers!
      September 26, 2022 6:07 PM MDT

Yes, absolutely share them. I wish I knew that kind of story about my own grandparents.  I'm hoping for your miracle  too.
      September 26, 2022 6:28 PM MDT

Thank you. Cheers!
      September 27, 2022 8:40 AM MDT

Tell them. And leave the "hubba hubba" in, it's archaic and not even close to profanity.
      September 26, 2022 8:47 PM MDT

Yeah I will tell them. They might think I am a old fuddy-duddy but that's a risk I am willing to take. Cheers!
      September 27, 2022 8:44 AM MDT

Another story I am wondering if I should tell my Grandkids is how Country music almost prevented their existence. And how Country music almost got their Grandpa in a fight with Tinker Tubb junior.

When I first started dating my wife I started noticing that she might be into country music. It really started bugging me because I was in the KISS Army and associating with country music people could get me shunned in the KISS Army community. Then one day she invited me to meet her family and when I got there I was shocked because there were a lot of photos  of her father shaking hands with country music stars. Turned out he was a country music performer called Larry Wheeler and he also promoted country music shows in Windsor Ontario. It made me start thinking that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so our relationship was doomed to fail. Then I noticed a photo of my future wife when she was 6 years old standing on a stage in Nashville with Tinker Tubb Jr. when he was 7 years old. It really really bugged me because he was making the googly eyes at her. Many years later I started thinking that I should tell my wife to pack her bags because we were going on vacation to Nashville. Then I was planning on finding Tinker Tubb Jr. and ask him if he likes apples - and when he said ya I like apples I would say well I married Larry Wheeler's daughter how do you like those apples? Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 30, 2022 12:36 PM MDT
      September 30, 2022 11:48 AM MDT