Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » When a little girl ghost sees a group of paranormal investigators approaching her haunted house, does she say “They’re here!”?

When a little girl ghost sees a group of paranormal investigators approaching her haunted house, does she say “They’re here!”?

Inspired by this question: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/138722/have-you-ever-or-would-you-go-to-a-paranormal-investigation-i-m

Posted - September 28, 2022

Responses

Last night I saw upon the stair
    A little girl who wasn't there
    She wasn't there again today
    Oh, how I wish she'd go away!
      September 29, 2022 5:29 AM MDT

It would kind of suck to trip over the little girl who isn’t there and fall down the stairs.
      October 1, 2022 11:49 AM MDT

~

September 29, 2022 7:14 AM MDT

Great!  Now the paranormal investigators get to be ghosts too!  Unfortunately, they’ll all have to find a new house to haunt.  Hey!  I know someone who has lots of extra space in his basements!
      October 1, 2022 11:51 AM MDT

Can’t be my house. All of the cells in the dungeon comfortably furnished lavish apartments in the volunteers’ dormitory are filled to capacity on a year-round basis. (Cough, cough.)

~

October 1, 2022 8:42 PM MDT

You’re right.  I’ll just move some of them upstairs into your bedroom.  You won’t even notice they’re there until you turn out the lights at night!
      October 1, 2022 8:47 PM MDT

You don’t have authority to do that.
    ~

October 1, 2022 8:48 PM MDT

Maybe not, but good luck on getting them to leave. 
      October 1, 2022 8:50 PM MDT

I get that a lot; women are usually quite  reluctant to leave my bed. (Cough, cough.)

~

October 1, 2022 9:01 PM MDT

Great!  I’ll send the female ghosts up right away!
      October 1, 2022 9:03 PM MDT

(((If any of them show up pregnant, I declare my innocence in advance.)))
    ~

October 1, 2022 9:05 PM MDT

That reminds me of a rather touching ghost story I once read, that neatly turned the fear tables.
      January 6, 2023 11:31 AM MST

Can you share the story?
      January 6, 2023 9:11 PM MST

Not very well but I think I can summarise it from memory.

It did not really have much of a story, certainly no plot. Really it was musing on what ghosts think of humans, and telling each other of the frightening encounters they'd had with the living.

It described how the ghostly residents of a particularly haunted house felt as dawn approached and humans started to wake up. They were as frightened of that as we are supposed to be frightened of ghosts. 

When I was only about 11 Ii suppose, my Dad bought an anthology of ghost stories. I should not have read it at that age: some of the tales were very frightening, others were very strange but obviously frightening, but I was too young to spot the literary trick that made them all seem real!

I do enjoy a good ghost story now; but I am also interested in what people do report. Real experiences that are alarming and inexplicable at the time, though harmless and not supernatural. Some are quite common, I have experienced one or two, and they do crop up as "ghost story" themes.

One night, unable to sleep, I put the light on and selected a ghost-story anthology from the shelf next to the bed. I opened it at random, starting reading then recalled it was one of the most spine-tingling tales in the book. Hurriedly I put the book back and grabbed another also at random to settle my nerves for ten minutes or so - it happened to be a maths text-book but it did prove soothing!

As for Dad's book, I am now 70 but still remember a few of the stories well enough to precis them.... This post was edited by Durdle at January 17, 2023 2:09 PM MST
      January 17, 2023 2:07 PM MST