Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » How far has the quality of audio reproduction improved since the mid 1970's?

How far has the quality of audio reproduction improved since the mid 1970's?

Posted - September 30, 2022

Responses

Noticeably.
      (How much money do I win?)

~
      September 30, 2022 8:15 AM MDT

Well, unless there is some lucky mass windfall by my occasional lottery tickets nothing Randy.
    I remember in 1975 when my buddy stuck his head between the speakers on the floor and made Kiss faces with his tongue waggling out and this as loud as it could go. I think I remember but not every detail dude. He was pointing out speakers in audio mags excitedly. He always told people Kiss doesn't suck!! We always drank his uncles household booze and went bone hunting for lunch break periods. Long Kiss heels he wore! He made funny sexual suggestions to Caroline.
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at September 30, 2022 8:35 AM MDT
      September 30, 2022 8:25 AM MDT

I can't give a good technical answer but
    homo sapiens has moved from mono to stereo to quadrophonic surround sound. We have base woofers so loud that can destroy our hearing and few laws to prevent accidental overexposure. We have such precision with recordings that they can sound almost exactly like the original, or be tweeked way beyond the expertise of the musicians, sound artificially "perfect", or sound totally synthesised. IT can fake sound so that we have to be careful about the probability and evidence for whether recordings are real.
      September 30, 2022 10:16 PM MDT

Of course, but I still love my old vinyl LPs.
      October 1, 2022 12:54 AM MDT