Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » (for sure this time) What has 2 thumbs, 2 big bags of bud and a wife by his side?

(for sure this time) What has 2 thumbs, 2 big bags of bud and a wife by his side?

It is this guy. The doctors are looking at sending my wife home sometime this week for palliative home care. She won't be able to do much but it is better to not be able to much at home then in a hospital. There will be a health care worker coming over every day so that will be helpful. We will have to put her in a palliative care home sometime down the road but it will be a lot closer then the hospital and our son works at that care home so he will take special care of her. Cheers! 

Posted - October 2, 2022

Responses

Very good to hear.  :)

Thanks for taking time to share.  :)
      October 2, 2022 6:28 PM MDT

Good to hear. :)
      October 2, 2022 7:29 PM MDT

Happy news! Hope she can be comfortable and cared for at home for a good while. 
      October 2, 2022 9:05 PM MDT

Thank you for the update. Wishing you all the best. 
      October 3, 2022 7:13 AM MDT

Good news that she can come home.  Hope she does well.  
      October 3, 2022 9:05 AM MDT

My wife will be coming home today around noon. So once again I would like to thank everyone for their warm wishes. I would also like to thank the Canadian heath care system. My wife receive a lot of care over the past 3 weeks and it has been arranged to have health care workers check up on her health here at home. I would probably be in the poor house if I had to pay for it all. Cheers!
      October 4, 2022 8:29 AM MDT

Hmm, I noticed something interesting about the Canadian health care system.  I’ve heard a lot of Americans bad-mouthing Canada’s health care system, but I’ve talked with quite a few Canadians and when the subject came up, the Canadians never had any complaints about it.  They’ve all said good things about it.  I wonder why that is.
      October 4, 2022 2:32 PM MDT

Its not a perfect system but all in all it is pretty good. Rich or poor everybody in Canada gets equal care. Cheers!  
      October 4, 2022 4:09 PM MDT

Yeah I want the names and numbers of the people that bad-mouthed Canada's health care system. Cheers!
      October 4, 2022 5:52 PM MDT

Of course not. Who doesn't like free stuff?
      October 4, 2022 6:19 PM MDT

Thought I would do a little bit of bragging about the Canadian health care system. Today I talked to a health care nurse about my wife feeling that her pain medicine was making her too dopey. The nurse suggested that we cut the pills in half and have her try only taking a half at a time. Then the nurse said that the pills are really hard to cut in half so she will bring me over a special pill cutter. I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a special pill cutter but by the end of the day I will have a free one thanks to the Canadian heath care system. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at October 7, 2022 12:07 PM MDT
      October 7, 2022 12:06 PM MDT

I‘m glad the nurses are taking care of her.
      October 7, 2022 12:12 PM MDT

Excellent, all around!  :)
      October 4, 2022 6:12 PM MDT

Great news.
      October 4, 2022 6:19 PM MDT

• I will howl at the moon for you and your wife, but instead of howling to let God know that your wife is on her way, it will be to say "Not so fast".
      October 7, 2022 12:51 AM MDT